Illinois-Chicago

Southwest Suburbs Ceremony Sites

Does anyone have any recommendations for outdoor ceremony sites near or in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago? I would prefer a nondenominational ceremony. I have looked into the Wayside Chapel in Palos and like how it has a rainy day back up plan (very VERY small chapel) but was wondering if there were any other places you have seen or been to? 

Thanks in advance!Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Southwest Suburbs Ceremony Sites

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_southwest-suburbs-ceremony-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:264d5baa-8010-4a41-abe3-030a439e4429Post:faeefa15-98a6-4135-bd4a-3deed7199d0a">Southwest Suburbs Ceremony Sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any recommendations for outdoor ceremony sites near or in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago? I would prefer a nondenominational ceremony. I have looked into the Wayside Chapel in Palos and like how it has a rainy day back up plan (very VERY small chapel) but was wondering if there were any other places you have seen or been to?  Thanks in advance!
    Posted by 6512Weaver[/QUOTE]

I got married at the Pilcher Park greenhouse (Barber and Oberwartmann?) in Joliet, right at Gougar and 30. It was outside and gorgeous. Especially in the later summer months, there's even an indoor area if it rains. It was hot, but it was only a 15 min ceremony so it wasn't a problem. Our pic were incredible and we didn't have to decorate much because the grounds were great already.
  • Pilcher Park is lovely! We were married on the lawn of the Public Landing in Lockport. Beautiful place, and the photo ops in the area are so cute!
  • Lake Katherine in Palos
  • I am booked at The Wayside Chapel, I can't wait and really hope we get good weather that day.

I looked into Lake Katherine too, it is beautiful but seemed like a lot of work to me to have to rent chairs and bring everything there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards