Iowa-Des Moines

Cake

I've just started planning my wedding and am working on creating my budget. How much should I expect to spend on my cake? I don't need anything over the top. I will probably do sheet cakes or cupcakes to serve to our guests and just something small for us. 

Re: Cake

• edited December 2011
    Most places i've found for cake are between $3-4 per person for the actual wedding cake.  If you do cupcakes (and you can do Hy-vee or something like that), I'm seeing about $10/dozen.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

Our cake cost was $350 total for 150 cupcakes with a small cutting cake for the top. That included delivery and stand rental. We went with Sweetest Perfections and they were yummy!

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used sweetest perfections, but did a 4 tier cake, all with specialty flavors (Carmel Apple and Dark chocolate with cherry filling.)  Ours was 170 people appx and it cost $500ish
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE used Hy-Vee. WE did a very small cake for the wedding party and sheet cake for everybody else. Cost us $250. Cake was one of the things that we decided to save on. However, I love Hy-Vee cake and probably would have gotten mine from there regardless.
  • edited December 2011
    We had Indulgent Moments out of Altoona.  We spent about $350 for our cake and that was a 3 tier cake with a sheet cake to serve a total of 130 people.  The cake is amazing and I would highly recommend Indulgent Moments for cake. 
    Here is a pic of our cake if you want to see what we did decoration wise for it.  Nothing to crazy, I was more concerned that it was yummy!

Anniversary
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Cakesmith, www.cakesmith.us.  She's out of Mingo & is awesome to work with.  She'll work with your budget & we were allowed to make payments over the past few months, which has been super helpful.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards