New Jersey - South

Cape May Venues

Any advice on which venues are the best/worst? I am planning for 175 people in March 2012!! Just got engaged, but never too early to start planning!

Re: Cape May Venues

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Congress Hall that was very nice.
  • jmktiemanjmktieman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also recently engaged and looking for venues in Cape May in 2012 in either May or June. Let me know what you are able to find out or if anyone on here knows or has had a wedding in Cape May, please let me know. We are thinking about a Roman Catholic Church service but not sure how that works!
  • cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello fellow-cape may brides. 
    Check the "Cape May" post (1st on the page). Many suggestions for venues (including mine). :)

As for a Catholic ceremony, you MUST be a parishioner for one year in order to marry in the CHurch.  You will need to contact the Church.

Check out the Cape May website. I found that helpful.

If you are having the ceremony on beach, don't forget to get your permit. (does not take long.. but is necessary).
    GL!!
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I were married at Our Lady Star of the Sea (Catholic Church on Washington Street) on May 8, 2010.  We are not parishoners there.  It took a lot of persuading and patience, but they did let us have our wedding there!  We did have to wait until just a few months prior to our wedding date before they would give us the final "yes," so it was a bit stressful but totally worth it because it was beautiful!

Our Lady of the Angels (Catholic Church in Cape May Courthouse) does allow non-parishoners to get married there, and the church is very pretty and only ~10 minutes from downtown Cape May.  They are super-nice there, and the priests are willing to do all of your preparations with you.  For less stress, I would call them soon and see if they have your date open.

We had our reception at Congress hall - and we LOVED it there!  I would recommend Congress Hall to any bride.  They were wonderful and the food was amazing - we are still receiving compliments about our wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards