Kentucky
Options

Lexington Florist!?!

Who have you used for your florist at your wedding? Any reviews or recommendations?!

We have met with Beth Sampson with Ivory Rose, she seemed nice, but I wanted to get other opinions.  We are meeting with Deanna with Great Expectations this week.

Any other florists that are great in the area?!

Thanks!!

Re: Lexington Florist!?!

• Options
    jennnejjennnej member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I have met with Beth from Ivory Rose before. I also met with Doug and Glenn from Doug Smith Design and Jeanie Gorrell of Jeanie Gorrell Design. I heard lots of good things about Dough Smith Design so I decided to meet with them, but the quote they gave me was $1000 over my budget. When I told them that, they said I had to decide what can be taken out (i.e. who won't get boutnnieres/flowers) in order to stay within budget. Plus they were slow at getting back at me. I finally went with Jeanie because she was very flexible an willing to work with my budget. My wedding is not till next July, so far working with Jeanie has been a breeze. She has great ideas (more contemporary than Ivory Rose, I think).

p.s. Date Twin!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am planning on talking to three. I have heard so many people say good things about Doug Smith Designs I thought it was at least worth talking to him. I met the women who run The Cutting Gardens at a wedding show I went to last year with a friend and thought they were really nice and seemed like they were going to be able to make things affordable, so I want to meet with them. Also the wedding planner I am going to use for a day of service also offers flowers, and she lets you use her vases and things for free. So I thought I would also talk to her. The wedding planner is The Brides Assistant. Also half tempted to checking into Krogers prices. I have seen some really great prices from them and they looked good. I know a few people that have done that. But that will probably be a last resort option if the others are too far out of our budget.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Options
    I have booked Doug and Glenn from Doug Smith Designs. I just saw their stuff at the Bridal Bliss Show at the Hilton in Lexington and it was to DIE for. I just can't imagine working with anyone else. They have been so great about getting back to me and I was pleased with the pricing they gave me. So far, I couldn't give Doug Smith Designs higher marks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards