Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Philly Bands

So I have to say, I went to the Best of Main Line Event last night to see Jelly Roll, and I was NOT impressed. I heard that they were the best around, so I was a little disappointed, but maybe I need to knock down my expectations a few notches - I mean no one does Alecia Keys like Alecia Keys - right?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've heard of a few: Midnight Hour, CTO, Contagious...? I am interested in heading to a few showcases in the area to check some bands out. Any suggestions?

Re: Philly Bands

• Options
    edited December 2011
    EBE has great bands, their top act is Dreamtime.  They have showcases every two weeks I believe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara - Dreamtime did FSIL's wedding.  They seriously kept everyone dancing from cocktail hour on.  So much energy.

I recommend EBE and CTO bands.  We booked CTO Park Central -10 piece band with tons of energy.  Find out when they have showcases and I'm sure you will find a band you love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked Strangers through Brandywine Valley Talent. They are awesome. Also, Back 2 Life is amazing as well!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Touche or Chico's Vibe.  I've seen them both at weddings and both bands were great.  The dance floor was always packed!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    hugz415hugz415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Chico's Vibe at our wedding last weekend! They rocked.  But it depends what you want.  They are best if you like mostly older music - like funk/r&b/oldies - we wanted alot of Stevie Wonder etc - they have an awesome horn section.  They will learn music if you have specific requests.  They play out locally so there are lots of opportunities to go see them.  They did the thriller dance at our wedding and everyone loved it!
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KaitlinMoriaKaitlinMoria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok great. We are looking for the whole like MoTown, Oldies thing, basically all the song played on The Groove on Sirius Radio. But I also want to have the Gaga/ Black eyed peas thing later on. A necessity is a rapper, I know this sound funny, but it's all my mom keeps asking for me to get. Haha.
  • Options
    moshuyamoshuya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the Chatterband (www.chatterband.com/) , and I've been to two other weddings with them, and I think they're absolutely amazing.  And, since you book them directly, rather than through an agency, I think they're pretty affordable for a 10/11 piece band.  They did a great job from Sing Sing Sing straight through to Lady Gaga.  Including the requested polka. The dance floor was flooded the entire night--for all 3 weddings I've seen them at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards