Missouri-Kansas City

What is...

One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI?

Whats one that you love?

If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be?

Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently?

Re: What is...

• edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI? A rolling, swiveling ugly green chair. It is terrible, really, really terrible.

Whats one that you love? I love his mattress. It is the most comfortable thing I have ever laid on.  In August he is moving in so I will get to sleep on it every night!

The guest bedroom/office.  This will be his 'space' when he moves in.  He has already moved in a TV and his video game consoles. Such a guy.

Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently? He bought me a few of the Glee CDs which was super sweet. He also bought my 5 year old niece a bouquet of roses after she sang for church. It wasn't 'for me' but it was still really sweet and made me love him even more. I really appreciate these recent gestures even more right now because he is studying for the bar exam so I know it is hard for him to take time away from his studies to do special things for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI?His couch, i hate how it looks.  I call it a 'basement' couch.  But it is so darn comfy...Though i truly hate his vine plant.  The thing is huge and inside...
    Whats one that you love?  I got nothing...though he only has like 4 pieces of furniture.
    If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be? In our new apartment it would prolly be the spare bedroom.
    Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently?He offered to help me do the programs w/o me asking.  I know its silly, but it made me really happy last night. 
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI? An old car seat from a van. It's hideous and stupid and so college looking.

Whats one that you love? The overstuffed chair that matches his couch. It is my favorite place to watch tv, read, work on the computer, and even sleep. I love the new combo we picked out for the living room, but I'll miss this chair.

The laundry room! HA! We don't have enough rooms for me to give up free reign on any of them.
    Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently? Offered to make the guest book that I want, although he hasn't done it yet. But mostly the little stuff like helping me do things at home while I'm traveling for work and texting me good morning and good night every day!

Rknox - love the flowers for your niece! What a thoughtful guy you have!
  • edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI?   A green velvet couch that I swear is from 1970 and has seen sooo much I want to get rid of it but I can't get because it is a great "basement couch"

What's one that you love? nothing... we both the rest of furniture together I do love our bed though

If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be? he got the basement - which so far he hasn't done a whole lot too oh and a "bar area" in the den which turned out great
    Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently? He went and saw Twilight Eclipse with me even though he never saw the first two and things I'm crazy for liking them.
  • edited December 2011
    H actually has really good taste, thank goodness!

One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI?  The couch in our basement.  But that's ok because it's in our basement.   

Whats one that you love?  His recliner.  Sooo comfy, but I don't sit in it often because his but gets plopped in it pretty quickly after he gets home!

If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be?  Any of them.  For my last birthday, he redid the second bedroom into an office/guest room all for me and he did such a great job!  Actually, he might have done better than I would have because he's very detail-oriented.

Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently?  Last night while writing thank you notes, he told me we should take a break so he could give me a back massage, which lasted about 30 minutes while we watched girly TV.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_what-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:f1e0b018-db2a-487f-8227-923dc9c637efPost:9fcfb381-d5bc-4dd5-8b0f-5f8bdea3709f">Re: What is...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Last night while writing thank you notes, he told me we should take a break so he could give me a back massage, which lasted about 30 minutes while we watched girly TV.  :)
    Posted by whitneykaye87[/QUOTE]

Ummm....awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI? His coffee tables, luckily they've gone straight to the basement since I've moved in.
    Whats one that you love? The bed he bought when he moved into the house.  So soft and comfy.
    If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be? His office, which actually has decorated on his own.  It's full of Star Wars stuff (scaled down version of X-Wing fighters, the Millenium Falcon, R2D2 trash can, actual Darth Vader helmet) that he's collected over the years, including a Harrison Ford autographed taser gun thing.  
    Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently? He rubs my feet and/or back every night before I go to sleep.  Such a sweetie.
  • edited December 2011
    One piece of furniture u hate that is ur FI? I guess I'm following the trend here, but I HATE his couch!!! It's a college hand-me-down, and it's a hideaway bed couch, so it's freaking heavy!!! We'll be buying new furniture after the wedding. :)

Whats one that you love? Again with the following...his bed. Since we're recent grads, we don't have much of our own yet, but his comfy queen beats my cramped full.

If you had to give FI free reign to decorate one room which would it be? We don't have many rooms yet (gotta save up for a house first), but I would let him decorate a basement rec. room. He's in to poker, so I think he could figure it out.

Whats a sweet thing ur FI has done for you recently? I'm currently away from home for a plant start-up (that's lasted almost 3 months), but we chat on the phone or IM every night, and the other night he said "Claire, every time someone at work screws up and calls you my wife, it makes me happy." It just made my night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards