Ohio-Cleveland

Pine Ridge Country Club

Has anyone gotten married/getting married here?  I booked it, and will be meeting with Betty next week.  We are going to try and negotiate cost a little.  Does anyone know if this venue is real rigid with cost?  pretty much any input back on this would be great.
thanks..
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pine Ridge Country Club

• edited December 2011
    I had my reception here and loved it. Not sure how they are on price negotiating but the service was great the day of my wedding.  I know my date was booked over 13 months in advance for a Friday wedding so it doesn't seem they are really hurting for business. They have better prices for Friday weddings and for buffet or family style dinners. If you do family style you get to take the left overs home which we used for lunch the next day. They also have someone that can do simple chair covers for a good price. Good luck with your meeting. Betty didn't impress me at all for our first few meetings but she was really great the day of our wedding along with the rest of the staff. No complaints here! 
  • edited December 2011
    I  am getting married next aug 2011; on a saturday.  Im glad to hear you had a good experience there!  i absolutely love the space!  we are having our ceremony and reception there.  can you tell me more about your experience?  was there anything you would do differently regarding the location? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    are you using Dino's catering there?  If so, hows the pricing?
  • edited December 2011
    I am.  I am working with Betty, and so far they have been great.  we were in a few days ago to clarify how the pricing was going to be.  Saturday weddings they require a minimum of 150 guests.  We are most likely going to have a hard time reaching that, so we are able to reduce the amount of hors d'uoerves and soft drinks /alcohol.  I think they are more leinent on friday, and off season weddings.   I have heard nothing but great things about the venue, and IMO its one of the nicest locations on the east side.  do you know when your wedding is?  mines for Aug 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We don't have a definitive date, but are looking at Sept 2011.  I'm glad to hear that they are super nice and easy to work with.  I honestly haven't even started looking at reception site, I'm feeling overwhelmed with options!

• edited December 2011
     I can't think of anything regarding the location that I would have changed. Everything was fabulous. If you have more specific questions let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    So for those of you who had their reception here or have visited...I heard that the bar is in a separate room from the ballroom, does this pose a problem with your guests being in a different room the whole time?
  • edited December 2011
    Dino's food is fantastic- I've been to several weddings at PineRidge and its always good. We are using dino's for our own wedding. They do a great tasting for you as well. Don;t forget to read the fine print on the contract- they used to have a "garunteed cost" phrasing.
  • mandyandkennymandyandkenny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Betty does not negotiate. She will help you find something within your budget, but you won't get far with getting more for less. I have been to several weddings here and it is always great. The bar in the other room is not a problem. it is a great place and the food is great.
    you'll love it.
    Their alcohol isn't the best and it's expensive. If you pay more you can get better alcohol, but it's pricy!!
    Good luck!!

PS I am having my rehearsal dinner there.. downstairs.
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It is an amazing place. GORGEOUS, great food!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you have your ceremony here as well as reception?  If so, how did the tables look when lined up at the back of the room.  I am thinking about having my wedding here and this is my only hesitation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards