Wedding Etiquette Forum

S/O - Horrible Babies

Kiki's post gave me an idea.  If you and your H/FI/BF had a baby and it had the worst qualities of you and your H (physical and psychological) what would the future hold for it?

Ours wouldn't go to college or get a job unless it was handed to them and probably end up living with us forever and bitching about what other people had that they didn't have because they were too scared or lazy to go out and make things happen.  We would have to spend a lot of money fixing his or her teeth and if it was a girl she'd probably ask us to pay for a boob job at some point.
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: S/O - Horrible Babies

• Ours would want to change his or her last name.
    It would be loud and not afraid to speak his or her mind (in a bad way).
    Bad teeth
    Double Chin
    Lazy.
  • Our kid would probably have a bad attitude and a temper.
  • This would never happen to us.

j/k

impatient procrastinator
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• It will be born 2 months early and keep forgetting to breathe.  It'll be smart, but lazy.  It's a foregone conclusion that it will have a long torso.  The baby will be 5'-0" tall and a bit pudgy.  If it's a guy, he will start losing his hair around 26.  It will hate vegetables, but love anything that has cheese, chocolate, or is all around bad for you (which won't help the pudginess).
  • Mrs. B - I don't think you have any room to talk. Julia looks like the most perfect baby ever. She is always so content and happy, what more could you ask for, right?
  • Our baby is going to be born with an afro and huge nose. They will be covered in hair from head to foot.They will be lazy and procrastinate about everything and never really try to overachieve, because it takes too much work. They will never make a plan to do anything and won't get fired up about much. They will coast through life and probably end up living at home until they are 35 or until the find someone else to support them, because it's just easier.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • • Loud and know-it-all-ish.
    • Big nose (whose ever nose our child gets, they are screwed)
    • Bad teeth.
    • Terrible self-esteem and body image issues.
    • Road rage.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Our child will lack the ability to say "no" and have webbed fingers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours would have terrible teeth and eyesight and be chronically overweight. They'd be hyper-intelligent, but would also likely have an autism spectrum disorder and be unable to function very well socially. They would also probably have severe depression. 

This kid would probably live at home for the rest of his/her life, but be able to get good work in the tech/engineering industry. 
  • FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Thick hair that they'd hate.  Bad eyesight.  Big head.  Very angry and shy.

Ugh, I hope our kids aren't like this.

Edited because apparently I'm not able to type today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Physically, our kid would have a huge nose and a crappy hairline. It would probably also be an oversized girl and have a gut.

The kid would also be impatient, lazy, addicted to video games and spending too much money.

We're screwed lol.
  • Extremely stubborn, defensive and moody.  BIG nose.  Short, running towards pudgy.  Tiny hands.  Bad teeth.  Our biggest (and stupidest) fear besides the serious ones (medical problems, developmental disabilities, etc) is that we'll have a black ginger.

Of course, that will never happen to us because OUR MIXED BAYBEES WILL BE SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTEZOMG!!11

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Oh, TR, haha... ok, so we decided it would be physically: fat, very curly hair, have cystic acne, wear glasses, and have a big nose.

Personality wise- lazy, farts a lot (guess that's physical, too), procrastinator, bipolar, and plays too many video games and watches too much TV.

Also, fights with people on the Internet for no reason.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_horrible-babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e905e13e-3a7b-40a3-b5b1-a8b9f0dbd08cPost:702d4570-803e-41bb-bc8a-0f2513b77d67">Re: S/O - Horrible Babies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our biggest (and stupidest) fear besides the serious ones (medical problems, developmental disabilities, etc) is that we'll have a black ginger. Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Is that even possible?  On the bright side, s/he could probably make some money as a carnie.
    ttc chart
  • Oh yeah, bad teeth, too... forgot about that.  And smelly feet.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_horrible-babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e905e13e-3a7b-40a3-b5b1-a8b9f0dbd08cPost:c346f37b-1d21-4afd-9b18-3d6b583cd1f6">Re: S/O - Horrible Babies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O - Horrible Babies : Is that even possible?  On the bright side, s/he could probably make some money as a carnie.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Yes.  They happen all the time.  Those mixed kids that are like, one step removed from albino but with freckles.  I know it's bad but they really, really freak me out.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Ohhhh Nugget, now I know what you're talking about.  That would be sad mostly because you know they would get teased and that's got to be so hard for a parent.
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_horrible-babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e905e13e-3a7b-40a3-b5b1-a8b9f0dbd08cPost:0cd66b6c-54b1-4d47-93b2-ff7e6a3e707e">Re: S/O - Horrible Babies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhhh Nugget, now I know what you're talking about.  <strong>That would be sad mostly because you know they would get teased and that's got to be so hard for a parent.
    </strong>Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I wish I was as good of a person as you seem to think I am, but it would be mainly sad because I'd be mildly terrified of my own child.  Seriously.  They really freak me out.

• DED.  That too, but I was trying to be nice :)
    ttc chart
  • I have an ex-friend with one of those gingery kids, Nuggs.  He's actually kinda cute.
  • *sigh* Both of us have really ridiculously curly hair that frizzes and are legally blind in one eye.  Our kids are fucked in the looks department already.

They would have my anxiety problems and his stubbornness, my terrible metabolism and his dental issues (he has incredibly soft, cavity-prone teeth, no matter that he takes impeccable care of them).

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• acne
    ADD
    a short but explosive temper
    horrible eyesight

Luckily most of these traits don't show up until the kid is a bit older, so we might have a bunch of adorable perfect cherubs then be cursed with a carful of 8-18 year old monsters.
  • have fun with all that y'all! glad i don't have to worry about such things.
  • Our kid would need glasses and braces, would listen to jazz and 70s rock, watch kung fu and action films, be antisocial and generally a menace to society as a whole.

And that would be our daughter!
  • Did you ever get your BC figured out, Jill?

And Nuggs? Those kids freak me the fuuck out. It's like the only...weird looking people I can't stop looking at. ::shudder::
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • currently i have an iud, but i want to get rid of it. i actually have a gyn appt. next month to consult on a tubal or partial hysterectomy. i'm just hesitant to do either procedure soon because i'm finally getting myself on a good routine at the gym and i don't want to have to sit out in recovery for however long. we'll see.
  • When you asked us, I was wondering why you didn't just go ahead and do that, but I didn't want to be presumptuous.

My mom had a laproscopic and she was only down for a week.

"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • daff, may I ask why you don't like your IUD? I'm really just curious. That's what I was using, and I usually recommend it to people.
  • manda - it gives me heavier periods and cramps (which were bad to begin with), so i'm pretty sick of it at this point.
  • Ha.  My kids actually DO have a lot of our worst traits.  You find a way to not give a shiit.  Here's a list of what they got from us:

ADHD
    bad teeth
    THE LOUDEST SPEAKING VOICE IN THE WORLD!!!!! (that's how everything sounds...when spoken by me and both of my kids)
    Todd's weird butt chin (turns out it's adorable on a baby)
    Extreme concern about body image (on a 9 year old boy, this is just weird)
    Uncanny ability to manipulate others (on a 9 year old boy, this is infuriating)
    The complete inability to carry a tune, and the blissful ignorance of this fact when singing in front of others. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards