Ohio-Columbus

Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?- CLOSED DISCUSSION. BARN IS NOT OPEN AND VENDOR WAS BANNED.

Katelynn1218Katelynn1218 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2015 in Ohio-Columbus
I live in Hilliard Ohio and have been trying to find the perfect venue for our wedding for months now. I don't want anything that's too formal and stuffy like a ballroom at a hotel and I have this vision of a rustic barn wedding with a sort if vintage feel. We're trying to keep everything for the wedding around $7k excluding our honeymoon. I've looked at a few places but now we're stuck and cannot find any places that look like something we'd like to go tour. We're inviting around 120 guests but expecting 80...We're willing to take a little drive to get there but no more than an hour since we have a lot of guests coming in from out of state.

We've already toured the Everal Barn in Westerville and although it was nice I feel it was a little bit of an awkward set up for what we're trying accomplish. Plus I would prefer to be able to serve alcohol, I might be able to compromise on that but extra bonus points for finding something that would allow it :)

We've also looked at Barn at the Backwoods in Thornville but I've heard nothing but terrible things about the owners and staff being rude, The venue was beautiful but it was also at the TOP of our budget which means we'd go over by at least 2k.

Please help :) We're thinking of an off season date in the beginning of November...any and all suggestions are openly welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?- CLOSED DISCUSSION. BARN IS NOT OPEN AND VENDOR WAS BANNED.

• Try Jogensen farm in Westerville -- on the Two Caterers website.  Also Amelita Mirolo Barn in Upper Arlington.  It's owned by the City, so the rates are very reasonable.
  • Tall Timbers might have the feel that you are going for even though it is not technically a barn.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jorgensen Farms is an amazing venue but I believe it is a $2000 rental fee and that does not include the catering (Two Caterers) which is a pricier catering company..though amazing!  The Barn in UA sounds like it is just what you are looking for with great affordability!!
  • I went to a Wedding here a few years ago (White Star Farms, London Oh) and it was great

http://www.white-star-farm.com/weddings.htm

And I'm going to a wedding here later this summer, so haven't actually seen it yet (Crago Farm, Marysville)

Good luck
  • Someone posted about Camp Mary Orton and I looked out of curiosity. Very rustic feel on the inside!
  • Hickory Lakes in Pickerington - Not a barn, but still a rustic feel: http://www.hickorylakes.blogspot.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • here's a place in Hilliard, Scioto Darby Rd west of the high school, not much info on website - you might just have to stop by....   

http://www.sgec.net/parties.html
  • I had a similar vision and we ended up booking at White Star Farm. The price is really reasonable and it's beautiful.
  • You might check the Mirolo Barn in the new Sunny 95 park in Upper Arlington.  Part of it is an historic barn... It's actually quite pretty and run by the UA Parks and Rec Dept.
    I believe they do allow some alcohol, but don't know the details.  Good luck!

• What about Meadowood Centre? It's rustic and really breathtaking! http://www.meadowoodcentre.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:1cbced7c-90fc-4320-95aa-d7b1689a6f5d">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might check the Mirolo Barn in the new Sunny 95 park in Upper Arlington.  Part of it is an historic barn... It's actually quite pretty and run by the UA Parks and Rec Dept. I believe they do allow some alcohol, but don't know the details.  Good luck!
    Posted by jodisteck[/QUOTE]

<div>We checked it out a couple of weeks ago, and yes, the old part of the barn is gorgeous. The rest of it kind of felt like any old reception hall. The area surrounding is not the most beautiful.... It's hard to envision where pictures would be taken because there's a school to the left, construction behind, there's a "pond" but it's upkeep is not that great. Overall, I thought I'd be more impressed with UA, but I just wasn't.

We ended up keeping our original love, which was White Star Farm. Mirolo Barn has AC, which would have been nice for July, so we just pushed the wedding back to Oct for White Star. </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been looking for the same and stumbled upon a great location The Barn at Heather Glen....it is in Lancaster, beautiful can hold 85 but only 35 cars
  • Hey everybody!
       Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile to reply and thank you all for your suggestions!

So to reply to everybody

I love Jorgensen farm but there's a few issues
    1) One of my "rules" by the groom is no porter pottys for the wedding lol. He will not budge at all, and I can't say I'm too excited to lift up my huge dress on that day either. The rental price is steep but we could cut some things to make up for it but the two caterers have really high minimums you have to meet.

2) The upper arlington barn is gorgeous...well part of it. I love the old rustic section but the rest of it seems to be the same as every other banquet hall...I haven't had a chance to go tour the facility so hopefully I can do that soon and we'll fall in love!

3) I'm okay with it not being technically a barn...I can compromise on that but I could not ever go to Tall Timbers. My dad remarried there about 5 years ago, and it was the worst venue I've ever encountered. They rushed him out 3 HOURS before his wedding was over because they overbooked and needed the room, they were rude and served FROZEN food because they forgot to warm anthing up that morning...literally still frozen. They are very reasonable but I could never but I appreciate the help!

4) I want to try Crago farms I just haven't had the time to take a look yet so thank you!

5) The white star barn is gorgeous and is exactly what I want but the price is a little steep for us. We're trying hard to stick to the budget and I can't with their prices :(

6) I love Camp Mary Orton, especially since their proceeds will just go directly to camp children, their rental fee is 2k which is above what we wanted to spend though :(

7) I have an appointment to see Hickory Lakes next week so we're hoping it goes well! Thanks for pointing us in that direction!

8) the SGNEC is terrible about returning my phone calls, I've called, emailed, and stopped by and noobody could give me and inforrmation

9) Meadowood is beautiful and I love it! the only problem is that they have really strict rules about candles, and flames, and everything we've bought to help with the rustic feel, we have over 20 lanterns and decor but I wouldn't be able to use any of it there :(

10) I've never heard of Heather Glen but that is my next google search!

Thank you so much everybody I truly appreciate the help! If anybody can think of anything else please let me know, and I'll try to be more prompt on responding! Have a great day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:cea9bb46-7f53-4007-874b-b814b884ac6a">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : I think I have something you might be interested in.  I recently purchased a property for my wedding (9/29/12) for the sole reason of trying to find what you are after.  I knew what I wanted and this fit the bill perfectly.  The property is in Westerville, on 5 acres.  It has a pond, beautiful old mature trees, and house and barns built in the 1870s/1880s.  I intended to live in this house after my wedding, but due to the overwhelmingly positive response, we are interested in offering this house for weddings and events for others.  I purchased my own tents so I have options for less than stellar outdoor weather.  My wedding was about 160 people, so we do have the room to accomodate a lot of different sizes of weddings and groups.  My photographer's pictures aren't ready yet, but I can share what I have from my guests so far, if you're interested.  My husband and I do not live at the property but if you want to see it, we can set something up to meet you and show you around.  
    Posted by lorriwolfe[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Please share any pics and info you have, I'm interested!

</div>
  • Wow, what a beautiful place!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:bdbb083d-285a-48b2-9847-5cd86d92a667">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : Please share any pics and info you have, I'm interested! Here are a few more that I've collected from friends/famiy.  I do have side walls for my tents, I just didn't need them on my wedding day.                      
    Posted by lorriwolfe[/QUOTE]

CAN I PLEASE HAVE A NUMBER TO CALL TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT THIS! Im very interested also! Please please please. Thank you
  • Lorri I am interested in learning more about your property... I am having a difficult time finding a barn that does weddings out where I live! Please email me with info kristin.carr06gmail.com Thanks! :
  • Hi we are VERY interested in your property! Can you send me some information via email, jgalbreath10@gmail.com. We are having our wedding next September and would like to know availability and how much you would charge! Thanks!!
  • Lori I am also very interested in your property, I have been having a hard time finding a place within our budget and the month we are wanting to have it. If you could please contact me and let me know your restrictions, prices, and dates you have available for the summer of 2013 that would be great my email is kellymemery@aol.com, Thanks!
  • Lorri, Your place looks beautiful and it's exactly what my sister is looking for for her wedding. She just recently lost her previous venue so now we are scrambling to try to find another before June! Could you send me some more info at cshanyfelt4yahoo.com? Thank you!!
  • Lorri,
    I am also interested. My email is kristalthen@yahoo.com
  • Lorri could you also send me information on your property? I am very interested. Thank you!

anahlatham@yahoo.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:bdbb083d-285a-48b2-9847-5cd86d92a667">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : Please share any pics and info you have, I'm interested! Here are a few more that I've collected from friends/famiy.  I do have side walls for my tents, I just didn't need them on my wedding day.                      

Oh my gosh Lorri you captured exactly what we are looking for! please send me any available information as far as pricing, and if you're booked yet for November 9th 2013! We recently put down a deposit for a venue in hocking hills <a href="http://buffalolodgingcompany.com/Weddings.html" rel="nofollow">http://buffalolodgingcompany.com/Weddings.html</a> but it is proving to be a huge disaster to plan anything because it is so far away for our families! I would be willing to lose our deposit in a second if we could afford your new venue! Thank you so much for posting this, it looks like you have a lot of people interested including me! It is absolutely beautiful! You did an amazing job!
  • I'm  sorry I forgot my email in the last post I was so excited! My email is Katelynn_Evelyn@yahoo.com
  • Could you please send me info about your venue! It looks amazing! Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:bdbb083d-285a-48b2-9847-5cd86d92a667">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:

Can you please email me with pricing and dates you have available in May 2013?
    <a href="mailto:Kimberly_ross703@yahoo.com" rel="nofollow">Kimberly_ross703@yahoo.com</a> thanks!
  • Lorri, Can you send me info too? Thanks! Melaniekyle@hotmail.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_barn-wedding-venues-near-columbus-ohio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d29047dd-7e8b-4522-a257-dc4b9f833802Post:cea9bb46-7f53-4007-874b-b814b884ac6a">Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barn Wedding Venues Near Columbus Ohio? : I think I have something you might be interested in.  I recently purchased a property for my wedding (9/29/12) for the sole reason of trying to find what you are after.  I knew what I wanted and this fit the bill perfectly.  The property is in Westerville, on 5 acres.  It has a pond, beautiful old mature trees, and house and barns built in the 1870s/1880s.  I intended to live in this house after my wedding, but due to the overwhelmingly positive response, we are interested in offering this house for weddings and events for others.  I purchased my own tents so I have options for less than stellar outdoor weather.  My wedding was about 160 people, so we do have the room to accomodate a lot of different sizes of weddings and groups.  My photographer's pictures aren't ready yet, but I can share what I have from my guests so far, if you're interested.  My husband and I do not live at the property but if you want to see it, we can set something up to meet you and show you around.  

<div>
    </div><div>Lorri,</div><div>
    </div><div>Your picture is perfect!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I was wondering if you were still open to renting the area out.  Please email me at: jenaewolf@hotmail.com.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you!</div>
  • My email is princessamywyahoo.com

Lorriwolfe,
    Can you please send me info ASAP i would really appreicate it!!!
    email is <a href="mailto:PickeringtonPantherFan2011@yahoo.com" rel="nofollow">PickeringtonPantherFan2011@yahoo.com</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards