New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Married @ the Poughkeepsie Grand?

Has anyone had there actual ceremony at the Poughkeepsie grand hotel?
I am getting married there in November and i am trying to plan decorating for the ceremony but i am having a hard time picturing it, was anyone married there and could give me some ideas? 

Thank you!!

Re: Married @ the Poughkeepsie Grand?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, as my ceremony and reception will be there in August. I plan on asking Rachel or Michelle in April what I should buy to make it look nice when I go to pay off the wedding. Hopefully someone answers your question.
  • Options
    XcoliebearxXcoliebearx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin just got married there this weekend. They basically just have you set up in front of the french doors in the same room as your reception. They set up the chairs for you and make an aisle. The rooms are already very elegant and they look nice. Not too many options for decorating though. Maybe some flowers to tie on to the end of the chairs on the aisle? Or a pretty aisle runner?
  • Options
    yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married there in Sept. and need to figure the same out. Rachel mentioned that people trip on the aisle runner so maybe to skip. Thanks Xcoliebearx for the insight and anyone else who may have info to share.

• Options
    yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I e-mailed Rachel and she said some couples use the runner, or line the aisle area with petals or both.

I'm thinking it's probably possible to do the same with flowers/candles presuming it is secure.

HTH. Happy Planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So this is late, but I went there to pay my bill and asked Tara if I should get an arch and flowers and she said no because they already have it. Like a previous poster said, line the aisle with a runner and petals or even candles she said. She showed me a couple pics and it will look great even without an aisle runner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather: i know they have an arch, but we have to provide the flowers for it right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a little bit of white fake flowers and white lights on the arch already but if we want real or colored flowers we should get them she said. I'm going to just leave it as is because our ceremony won't be longer than 20 minutes at most I'm guessing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This picture I found on google is very similar to a picture she showed me at the grand that someone did. They bought rose petals and candles for the aisle and a runner.

• Options
    edited December 2011

My wife and I had our ceremony at the POK Grand. The experience was awesome and it was so easy to stay in the hotel the night before, wake up & get ready without pressure, and go downstairs for the ceremony. The extra time saved meant we could party more, and guests were in a great mood because they didn't have to travel between ceremony & reception.

Tara was a pleasure to work with...she took care of everything, and made sure any special request/decorations were in place. Our ceremony was only about 20 mins, and many guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. Bridal suites were super cool.

Good luck and have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards