Florida-West Coast

New need Venue

Hi everyone!!!!! I live in Spring HIll Hernando County FL. Near Tampa and Citrus County. I am within an hour of Tampa, Clearwater and Ocala In the middle, so I have good options I guess you can say, but I am so getting lost. I am expecting 120 ppl and need open bar or good drink prices. I was looking into Heritage Pines Golf and Country Club or Black Diamond CC but BD is so expensive. Anyone albe to do a 120person wedding in the TB area with food under 9k? Let me know. Thanks can't wait to really get planning. I will be on here daily lol.

Re: New need Venue

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at East Lake Woodlands Country Club in Oldsmar. They were the most reasonable that FI and I could find that worked best with our budget. Paul is great and you can edit things in the packages to save costs. For instance, having open beer and wine instead of a full bar and people toasting with whatever they are drinking instead of a champagne toast. Changing stuff like that is how we saved money.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how you feel about the beach, but I'm getting married at the Grand Plaza Hotel. We're only having 60 guests, but it's running at about $4000 including the ceremony, food, cake, 4 hours open bar.
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Christinab22Christinab22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Spring Hill too (although I live in Chicago now). Have you checked out Glen Lakes or Silverthorn? They are nice options if you are looking to stay local.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jjessica1jjessica1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.. I think I found a place.. Heritage Pine Golf and CC. I am still waiting for info on the Oldsmar place and Silverthorn and Glen Lakes were a little too pricy for what you get. Now on to fin photographer, DJ and flowers lol
  • Christinab22Christinab22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Heritage Pines and it was nice :) Good luck with your planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jjessica1jjessica1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!.. Oh and, sweetie, the Grand Plaza didn't have our date or even any dates not so close to Halloween Thaksgiving or Christmas busy venue! lol Glad you got in for such a good deal.
  • amyorlando25amyorlando25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetie1184,

Just curious how you're getting the Grand Plaza so cheap?  Is that your actual invoice including tax etc?  I'm getting married there as well and it's costing about 8,000.00 for 70 people doing the same package you are (4 hour open bar, cake, champagne toast etc).  Mine is almost double, eeek!  Weird!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards