New Jersey

Venue help, Perona Farms?

My husband and I are looking at having our actual reception at Perona Farms and also having a real ceremony for family and friends to attend. Has anyone had a garden ceremony and a reception at Perona Farms? I would like to hear personal opinions and also, what is the general pricing of having that kind of an event? I'm 7 months pregnant so going to visit venues at the moment is a bit difficult. Thank you all very much for your help in advance.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Venue help, Perona Farms?

• edited December 2011
    I've been a guest at a few weddings there and it's always been excellent.  There are a few options for an outdoor ceremony, the food is very good and the service is reliable and friendly.  I don't know about pricing, but I get the sense they're about average; not especially high but not cheap either.

• edited December 2011
    They quoted me for a Sat in April $110 a head with a min hc of 125. There was a pretty disturbing review on them a little while back.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I remember that review, hopefully they are past that.

It's an ok place.  I was in the largest room and it's shaped odd....very narrow and LONG.  It was an awkward dancefloor, as we were a large party.

The cocktail hour was outside, it was kind of tight, again we had a large party.  The food was ok, didn't leave an impression on me either way.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there 2 years ago the food was just ok nothing special.   There was a really bad review on here recently you should try to do a search and find it. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been going to Perona Farms for over 25 years.  It's a lovely space & they do a nice job on events, day in & day out.  Don't let ONE bad review scare you. 

If you are up over 200 people it can get tight but it's a good deal in a lovely setting.

They do the salmon for the Oscars every year. 
  • edited December 2011
    My sister was married there 6 years ago and I was at another wedding there 2 years ago- both time the food was terrific and its a very nice place. I agree a large wedding may be tight, but around 150 or less works fine there
  • edited December 2011
    I checked the place out and they seemed really accommodating. The one thing that turned us off, though, was the arrangement in case it rained. If you get the bigger room (there are two) and it rains, you get married in front of the main entrance where the stairs are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards