Texas-San Antonio

Staying longer than the MOH on bridal shower trip

Ok, I am not sure where to post this but here goes.

My mother, grandmother and possibly moh are hosting a bridal shower in CA (my home state) for me next year. I am looking at flights and my moh cannot go for a whole week. She wants to come back earlier, for good reasons, while I want to stay at least a week. Would it be horribly rude for me to fly out with my moh, but stay a little longer than her?

I have a feeling it would be rude and I of course do not want to upset her. What do you think? If it is okay, how shoudl I approach this with her?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Staying longer than the MOH on bridal shower trip

• kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if you are staying out there to visit family and friends that you don't get to see often she should understand.  Plane tickets are expensive, so you should take advantage of being out there while you have time!  Maybe just casually mention that you're not sure when to book your return flight because you have a lot to do in CA and see how she reacts - hopefully she won't care! 
  • edited December 2011
    Not at all.. the shower is for you.. not for her. She is just there to celebrate with you!!
  • edited December 2011
    If I were your MOH I would totally understand. FIs family (sister) is in Cali and never sees them and if they wanted to do something for the wedding and he wanted to stay longer than I could I'd be fine with it, especially if its for family.

I would still ask her though :) Just be like "hey, I know we're flying out together and I know you need to come back for x reasons, but do you mind if I stay a little longer?"
  • rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I do not feel as bad now. I will definitely talk to her about it, I just did not want to approach the subject if it would have been rude.

As always, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards