New York-Western
Options

something new, old, borrowed, blue

I cannot think of someone old or borrowed!

obv the "new" is my dress & everything else & the blue will be my toenails painted blue.

what is everyone doing for something old or borrowed.

Re: something new, old, borrowed, blue

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on asking my relatives I was thinking I could borrow jewerly. For old jewerly as well or maybe us something from parents wedding like their ring bearer pillow, veil, etc.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my BM's is letting me use her headpiece for the something borrowed.
    I thought about usnig my mother's veil for the something old.  If that doesn't work out, I may try to borrow a brooch or other piece of jewelry to tie onto my bouquet or use as a hairpiece at the reception.
    I think a ringbearer pillow or something of that sort would be wonderful to use, but my parent's didn't keep theirs.  =(
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a tradition in my family. Instead of having a floral bouquet, we have a brooch bouquet. Everyone who comes to the bridal shower must bring a brooch; therefore, these are my something old, new, borrowed and blue (the blue one is passed down in the family)

It will hopefully kinda end up looking like this...
  • Options
    spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have some of my late grandmother's jewelry that I'll wear, as well as their wedding rings that will be tied into my bouquet. I think jewelry is a pretty standard "old," so ask your relatives.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Options
    michellep1michellep1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My grandmother has told me that she would love for me to use/have her and my grandfather's toasting flutes, so I'm using that as my something old.  Most couples save theirs, so ask around!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BBride90BBride90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using his parents old knife set, perfect for our vintage feel!
    Also old Im asking around if anyone has old jewelry and am going to decorate my flowers with them, piecing them on the handle and accenting the middle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards