May 2011 Weddings

How long have you been engaged/will be engaged for wedding?

Today marks the 1 year mark of being engaged to FI.  How long have you ladies been engaged?  Or how long will you be engaged when you are married?

Re: How long have you been engaged/will be engaged for wedding?

• Let's see...
    -we've been engaged for eights months (wow it seems like it was yesterday!)
    -we will have been engaged for a year and four months when we get married
    -Annndddd (I'm adding this one @goetz, hope you don't mind) we have been dating for four years and two months
    -finally, we will have been dating for four years and ten months when we get married!
  • I cheated ;)  FI officially propised on 4/17/10... but I had been booking venues and shopping in January.  We knew it was going to happen, but he wanted the proposal to be an actual surprise.

So we will have been engaged 1 year, 1 month, and 4 days when we say "I do".
    BabyName Ticker
  • We're coming up on our 3 year anniversary October 21st
    We got engaged December 5, 2009.
    Our total engagement when we get married on May 21, 2010 will be a year and 5 months- seemed like such a long time when we starting planning, now I'm wondering where the time went!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • - we have been engaged for just under 8 months!
    - when we get married, we will have been engaged for 1 year and just over 5 months
    - we have currently been together (on and off, but technically, lol) for 9 years and just under 9 months (he officially asked me out on 12/29/00)
    - when we get married, we will have been together for 10 years and exactly 5 months! (5.29.11)

@ slweaver0626 - we did the same thing!! we knew were gonna get engaged, it was just a matter of when...so we started looking at and negotiating venues and photographers about four or five months prior, lol...so by the time we booked them, after we were officially engaged, we had already built our relationships and weeded out vendors :)
  • If you see my next post...I don't know, we have to change our date :(

We've been engaged for 7 months so far.  But we are also already married!

We've been dating for...I dunno, 2 1/2 years about.
  • waaaaaay too long.

We got engaged in Nov 2008 so we will be engaged 2 years 6 months and 3 weeks by the time we get married.  We pushed our date back a year after both losing our jobs last year. 
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • I also had a long engagement.  Mainly due to the fact that I had to work my wedding around about 12 others.  We got engaged in March 2009.  We'll be engaged for 2yrs & 2 mos. when we FINALLY tie the knot.
  • We got engaged on April 17, 2010  so almost 5 months ago (doesn't seem like it has been that long though!).

Dec. 1 will mark our 3 year dating anniversary so we were dating about 2.5 years when we got engaged.  Dating for almost 3.5 years when we tie the knot!
    Anniversary
  • We got engaged in Feb of this year, so we'll have been engaged for about 14 months when we get married.
  • We have been engaged for three months now and when we tie the knot we will have been engaged for 11 months and we will have been together for 2 1/2 years but have know each other for 4 1/2 years!! Can't wait!
  • we got engaged last december, so we have been engaged for about 9 months, at the time of the wedding it will be 1 year and 5 months

we have been dating for 2 years and 10 months
    at the wedding we will have been together 3 years and 5.5 months

we had the date planned (5/7/11) even before he proposed. lol. so i knew it was coming :)
    Married!! 5.7.11
    image image
    my read shelf:
    Jillian's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We got engaged in Aug 2009, so we've been engaged for 13 months now. So when we get married we'll have been engaged for 1 year and 9 months (if my math is correct?) We've been dating a little over 4 years now, and it will be a week shy of 5 when we say I Do.
  • Hi girls! I don't post here often but wanted to start posting more so thought I'd join in!

We got engaged October 16, 2009 so right now we have been engaged 11 months. At the time of the wedding (5.28) we will have been engaged about 1 year and 7 mos. We have been dating for about 5-1/2 years - started dating in March of 2005.

Miss | Mrs | Blog
  • How long have you ladies been engaged?  Almost 9 Months.

Or how long will you be engaged when you are married? 1 yr and 5 mos

FI and I have been dating 6.5 yrs and will be getting married 2 months after our 7 yr anniversary.
  • We've been engaged five months. When we get married we will have been engaged just a little over 11 months. Our dating anniversary is three weeks before our wedding - we will have been together 5 years. 
  • Well we got engaged last year labor day weekend, so I have been engaged just over a year, it will be a year and 8 months engaged when we tie the knot. Our 4 year anniversary is October 13th so we will have been dating 4 years and 7 months to the day when we get married. (we started dating on a friday the thirteenth, getting married on a friday the 13th)
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've been engaged almost 7 months (wow!). By next May 28 we'll have been engaged for about 15 months. We've been dating for a little over 3 years, but have known each other for 12 years. I don't know where the time goes!
    [Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh gosh I feel so quick to jump the gun!!  We have been engaged for 2 1/2 months - we'll have been engaged for just over 11 months when we get married - we've been together for a year next Saturday (so excited!!!) - and we'll have been together for 1 year, and 7 1/2 months lol.  When you know you know!!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I'm another LONG engagmenter. We got engaged June 1st, 2008. Our original date was Sept 5th, 2010 but we had to push it back. By the time we get married we will have been engaged for 2 years and 362 days...almost 3 years =) The long engagement doesn't bother me too much though. FI and I have been together so long it doesn't matter. After 8 years I know he isn't going anywhere ;)

• How long have you ladies been engaged?  about 9 months.

Or how long will you be engaged when you are married? 1 yr and 4 mos

FI and I have been dating around 2.5 yrs.  I played really hard to get so neither of us really remember when it all officially began! We moved in together officially two years ago this december! So when we get married we will have been together about 3ish years living together most of that time! Like someone else said....when you know you know and there is no looking back :)
  • Engaged about a year and 5months as of now

We will be engaged just over 2 years (by a week) when we get married

we will celebrate out 4yr dating anniversary in Nov- it will be exactly 4.5yr the day we get married.  But I have known him for about 6 yrs now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Our one year of engagement will be this October 4th

When married, we our total engagement will be 1yr 7 mo.

When married, we will have been dating 3 yrs 10 mo.

I am glad there are other girls out there who have "a long engagement" too, FI friend is getting married next mo after knowing her for 9 mo and then 3 mo of engagement! So glad to have the extra time to plan and score deals with vendors! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How long have you ladies been engaged?  about 9 months.

Or how long will you be engaged when you are married? 1 yr, 4 mos and 21 days 

How long have you been dating? 7 yrs, 6 mos, give or take, we were in college when we started dating, so we really don't have a date, we kinda have a few months where it happened

How long will we been dating when we get married? 8 yrs, 2 mos, give or take

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I'm an oldy-moldy! 

We were engaged on my birthday, August 7th, 2009.  We have been engaged for a year and one month.  We will have been engaged for just under a year and 10 months when we get married.  We have been together for over 5 1/2 years now and will be together for 6 1/2 when we are married.  I keep teasing him that if Wisconsin followed it, we'd just about be common law married by that time and could save a ton of money.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • We got engaged at the end of March, so we'll have been engaged for 14 months when we get married.
    We've only been dating since last December. We dated before for a bit and will have been best friends for 7.5 years when we get married.
  • We got engaged March 8, 2010  so its been 6 months and will have been engaged for 14 months when we get married!
     We have been together for just over 3 years now and when we get married it will be just under 4. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to Re: How long have you been engaged/will be engaged for wedding?:
    Oh gosh I feel so quick to jump the gun!!  We have been engaged for 2 1/2 months - we'll have been engaged for just over 11 months when we get married - we've been together for a year next Saturday (so excited!!!) - and we'll have been together for 1 year, and 7 1/2 months lol.  When you know you know!!!
    Posted by BrideToBeBecauseHeLovesMe
    We were engaged after 9 months.  Then we just had a long engagement after we had to push our date back.
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • Uneek- You win the "Been With FI the Longest" award!

• We got engaged December 19th, so in 9 more days we'll be engaged for exactly 9 months! 

By the time we get married, on May 21, we'll have been engaged 1 year, 5 months, and 2 day! 

It does not seem like it's been that long at all, time sure does fly! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: How long have you been engaged/will be engaged for wedding?:
    Oh gosh I feel so quick to jump the gun!!  We have been engaged for 2 1/2 months - we'll have been engaged for just over 11 months when we get married - we've been together for a year next Saturday (so excited!!!) - and we'll have been together for 1 year, and 7 1/2 months lol.  When you know you know!!!
    Posted by BrideToBeBecauseHeLovesMe

This is exactly how we feel! Our wedding is 3 days before our 2 year anniversary. But when it's right, it's right. Why wait?  :) 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards