Wisconsin

Wedding Month

I am still strugling on deciding on a wedding date for my wedding in 2014. I like the following dates 5-16-14, 5-17-14, 9-19-14 & 10-10-14. What are peoples thoughts on the best date? I am getting married in Milwuakee, WI and i want to get married outside and need a month that is not to hot or cold and doesn't rain too much. I like september 19th but still debating because i have 4 family members that have birthdays that month, but chose the 19th which no one has. Anyone's thoughts on that? Is it bad?

Re: Wedding Month

• I wouldn't base your date around birthday months.  September can be very unpredictable though weather-wise, however May has more of a chance for rain.  I think either would be a gamble, but don't worry about birthday months.
  • I wouldn't worry about eveyones birthday month.  But, I do have to say, I am doing my wedding on a Friday.  You get some really really great discounts on mostly eveything.  My venue was waaaay less and so was the dj!  Just a tip...  Your wedding will be gorgeous!  No matter what month or what the weather does!!!  But I would say too, May there is more of a chance for rain than other months...
  • rooney2012rooney2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I think September is a great time of year for Milwaukee! We originally wanted September, but due to school sched, chose June instead. Think about celebrating anniversaries/travel and what time of year you like for that??

We also tried to choose a month without so many bdays. I agree with that to some level bc you don't want to feel guilty missing the bday of someone close to you bc it is your anniversary. But I wouldn't stress too much about that.
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We are getting married in September and have 3 close family members with birthdays the same week as our wedding.  We are going to get a two tier cake to cut and then on the sheet cake, put "happy birthday" and their names, so include them in on the celebration too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards