Pennsylvania

changing driver's license

I got married June 8th and need to change my driver'slicense. I finally got my marriage certificate and social secuirty card (I got married in NYC, my driver's  license is from PA). What do I need to bring the the DMV? Has anyone done this yet?? Can I go right to the DMV and they'll give me a new  license right away??
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: changing driver's license

• Good question! I'm looking forward to hearing the answer myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_changing-drivers-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:5deccd71-407f-455e-bc43-2cbdc499269cPost:123f1fd9-6a42-4d72-8b3a-110d0e1e593b">Re: changing driver's license</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good question! I'm looking forward to hearing the answer myself.
    Posted by YBnormal85[/QUOTE]
     you bring your marriage certificate to the DMV-- you have 2 options-- carry around a paper card with your name change (free) or pay $13.50 by check or money order to get a whole new license with your new name. My license didn't expire until 2015 so I opted for a brand new license, I didn't want to risk losing the little paper card that I was supposed to keep with my license. good luck!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards