Hawaii
Options

Wedding Planner References

Hi!

My sweetie and I have decided to go the planner route so we're looking for someone trustworthy and wonderful without charging us 25% of our budget.

We plan to be married on Maui and are looking into St. John's Church. It'll be a small wedding, so we're thinking of renting a space at a restaurant for our reception.

Does anyone have a planner they absolutely love? Would be willing to share? Any bad experiences? We'd appreciate any advice, we want to contact planners before the end of the year.

Thank you, thank you!

Re: Wedding Planner References

• Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love, love, love Lori Lawrence from Tropical Maui Weddings. In hindsight, I probably could have planned everything myself and then just used Lori for Day-Of-Coordination, but if you want someone to help you through every step of the process, she's amazing. And she works with all wedding group sizes, her rates are very reasonable.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with Andrea. We are using Lori too. She's flexible with vendors and reasonable in price. I, too, wish I would have just gone with day of coordination. In my experience, Lori is wonderful and best to work with via phone. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you need a planner? I'm just throwing it out there - I didn't use one, and I didn't think it was all that difficult to put together (if you're organized) and let's face it 20% is a LOT of money.
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Keasha..if you plan to marry at a church they should be able to assist you with the ceremony and if you have your reception at say the seawatch (not sure if the name has changed), mama's fishhouse, or ferros ay the four seasons for examples then they should be able to assist you the reception. And your best resource EVER...the awesome hawaii knotties...can also help you out as well.  J. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a planner. Deanne of Precious Maui Weddings.  She' been great to work with.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately our wedding planner  from Hawaii Weddings and Events is on Oahu and she definitely wasn't 20% of the budget (in fact she saved us money!)   I have seen alot of positive reviews for Events by Evonne who was on Maui
  • Options
    BeckyK32BeckyK32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your advice ladies! We don't want to think about any details the day of, so we'll definitely look into "day of" services.  That's exactly ideal for us!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards