Oregon

Has anyone bought their gown from here?

so I was searching on craigslist for wedding things and i found a post talking about a show coming up in Janurary that has inexpensive dresses and the money goes towards people dying from breast cancer ( I can't remember the name of the event right now) I went to the link  for the organization's website and they sound like they do some really great work. So I was wondering if anyone had bought their gown there or have heard of someone who had. Because i had a couple of questions. 

Was there a limit on how many people you could bring?

Was there a good selection of gowns in various sizes.

Were they in good condition?

and anything else you might think i'd like to know about it. because i really think this would bea great way to get an inexpensive dress and to help a good cause. thankyou in advance for your responses.
August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone bought their gown from here?

• edited December 2011
    I went to the Brides Against Breast Cancer event in Portland in October.  I went to the VIP event the night before.  I'm not sure if they have this option at the next event or not, but if they do I definitley reccommend it!  I brought two girls with me, I think that was the max, but I think other girls got around it some how cause I saw a few big groups there.  They have everything arranged by size and divided into "couture" and "non-couture."  The couture dresses were $500+, the other were all under $500.  There dressing rooms were CRAZY!  You were only allowed to bring 3 dresses in at a time and about an hour into the event they also started saying you could only have one person in there with you because it was so crowded!  They seemed to have quite a variety of dresses and I saw lots of girls that found amazing dresses!  I was actually lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me as well!  My dress was a used dress (they have both used and new) and it had a small tear in the dress.  Because of this tear I got the dress for only $250!  It was an amazing deal and it was really fun night!  Even if I hadn't bought my dress there I still would have been glad to go!  I definitely reccommend that you go!  And it is for such a great cause!!!  PM me if you have any other questions and good luck!!!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a flyer for the show, and the dresses start at $200
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards