California-Central

Planning a Clovis Wedding & Need Help! :)

Hello all,

I currently live in Santa Clarita CA, but my Fiancé Ted and I are trying to plan a wedding in the backyard of our Clovis, CA house.

Since I'm not from the area and not able to make it up there often, I don't have a lot of time to run around and meet vendors, so your suggestions are needed! I've been to one Central Valley Bridal Fair and that helped a little, but I was really... hoping for your recommendations.

I have nothing but a dress, location and May 26th 2012 wedding date, so I need to get busy!

Thanks for your help,
Gina

Re: Planning a Clovis Wedding & Need Help! :)

• yikeslady04yikeslady04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Florist- Marriah at Simply Flowers.  Her website is www.fresnoflowershop.com She did two of my friends' weddings and is doing my wedding next week.

Photographer- Dave Barrios at Creative Captures.  His website is www.creativecaptures.net. He has already done our e-pics and did awesome.

DJ- We are using Haro Entertainment.  Their website is www.haroent.com. My friend used them for her June wedding and she said the dance floor was never empty.  Their packages are very reasonable and they also have a photo booth package.

Cake- I don't know what your budget is but Frosted Cakery in the tower district makes gorgeous cakes.  Their website is www.frostedcakery.com.

HTH. Congratulations and good luck!
  • theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of our photographers is from clovis. Travis of www.jennandtravis.com. He's super awesome. And I totally agree with yikeslady04 about the florist!

Good luck! Long distance planning isn't easy.
  • edited December 2011
    September 6, 2011Hello, My name is Teresa Mason and I am a casting associate working on a new wedding show for BRAVO TV!  I'm looking for engaged couples living in San Diego & Santa Barbara and surrounding areas  who are  getting married this year!Below is the casting notice. Please feel free to post my info on your blog or website, and email it around. And also, more importantly, If you know of anyone directly would greatly appreciate direct referrals! Thank you for your help! Teresa Mason, Casting Associate 
    VPE ENTERTAINMENT / BRAVO TV 
    teresamlowther@gmail.com __________________________________________________________________________________NOW CASTING:  Engaged Couples in living in Southern 
    California who are to be married between September - December 2011.  
     "Newlyweds" is BRAVO's unique television series that will follow the experiences and milestones of  a handful of newlyweds as they 
    experience their first year of marriage, from the wedding 
    day to the first anniversary and 
    everything in between. 

To inquire about this special opportunity, contact casting ASAP! 
    Accepting Submissions NOW! Deadline to apply 9/9/11.   
        EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:  - Names- Phone Number- Wedding Date- 3-5 pictures of you and your significant other- Brief description of who you are- Location 

Teresa Mason, Casting Recruiter 
    Email: teresamlowther@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Clovis and am getting married in March of 2012. Here is a list of my vendors you can check them out and see if you like them:

-Catering: La Ryan Catering. Talk to Deb she is super down to earth and bubbly, I love her :)

-Flowers and Cake: Sweet Dreams Wedding cakes and flowers out of Oakhurst, she is a little pricey but really nice and amazing work. 10% off your flowers if you book your cake with her as well.

DJ- Craig from Music Spectrum. He has a DJ/photobooth package which we are doing :)

The rest of my vendors are still up in the air, but hope this helps.
  • dizneewenchdizneewench member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Up and coming / newer photography duo, currently charging super cheap prices for higher quality work...www.retrospectiveimagery.com">

www.retrospectiveimagery.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are you using International Wedding Design Studios for our cake, flowers and favors www.iwedstudios.com

the Dj is StarBerst Entertainment www.starberst.com

and my Photographer is Sal Hernandez www.starberst.com

and our hall/catereer is The Golden Palace (but that doesnt really mater for you)
  • edited December 2011

Just got married in October and I have to share my favorite vendors with you:

Photography: Craig Kohlruss

Caterer: We utilized two 
    Rehearsal Dinner: Roaming Bird 
    BBQ burgers, they were a hit among all of our family and friends 

Classic catering in Clovis for wedding

Happy Planning! 

• Congrats!

Heres some vendors we are using and you should definately look into them. Hard to say if you'd like them or not because everyone has different wants to what they are looking for.

Flowers & Cake:

awsome blossoms
    http://www.danasawesomeblossoms.com/

Sweet Dreams Cakery & Wedding Flowers
    http://www.sweetdreamscakery.com/

Simply Frosted (Known for their cupcakes but found out they actually do cakes and wedding cakes too)
    http://www.simplyfrosted.net
    or you can find them on Facebook so you can view pictures.

Photography & Video
    Shebreathes Studios ( I absolutely LOVE her work FYI  haha)
    www.shebreathestudios.com

Pamela Leeds Photography ( Beautiful amazing pictures! LOVE her work too lol)
    www.Leedsphotography.com

Tnt Dj, Video, and Photography( amazing people! )
    www.TntDjVideo.com

• I'm coming to this a little late, but I'll put down who I've used.

Cake is Eddie's Bakery.

Photographer is Soulmates Photography. (www.soulmatesphotography.com)

DJ is TNT DJ. 

Catering is our venue, Wonder Valley Ranch.

We are having Fresno State do our flowers and saving a BUNCH of money on that, and still getting beautiful flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards