Arizona-Phoenix

Newbie!

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to introduce myself.   I’ve been lurking for a while, but I’m now just starting to plan my wedding.  I have been engaged for a fairly long time (2 years to be exact) and we are looking to get married June 1, 2012.   I know that seems like a long ways away, but we are both students at the current moment.  My FI is graduating next May (2011) and I will be graduating the following May (2012).  We want to start planning now so most of the planning can get done during the summers and winters when we are not in school.  We are going to a more elegant feel to our wedding.  I have a budget that I’m looking to stay in and I do plan to do a few things myself.  I would love your inputs on places to get married that are relatively inexpensive and that offer both ceremony and reception.  I would really like to find a place where I could do the ceremony indoors.

TIA

Re: Newbie!

• alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome!

What part of town are you looking for? 

I would say that Inspirador in downtown Chandler might fit the bill - although depends on what you mean by inexpensive?
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • actress10214actress10214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm mainly looking for a venue on the east side of town, so Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale.  As far as inexpensive, I'm trying to stay under $6,000 for the ceremony and reception venue.
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Congrats on your engagement! You should check out the Red Mountain Ranch Country Club in Mesa. It's a lovely place with a great view and it's not too expensive.
    Photobucket
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm..I don't know of many indoor venues besides inspirador (which for me I think they priced at ~$9000 for the venue alone for a Saturday night)...I wrote up the other venues I visited in my BIO, but they are all outdoor ceremony venues...

I'd do some looking on wedding wire maybe to get ideas
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • actress10214actress10214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your help.  I'll definatly look into those places!
  • NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shenandoah Mill is the most inexpensive place that I found. I'm not sure if they can do an indoor ceremony. But check it out. Patrick, the manager is really easy to work with.
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Tre Bella in Mesa. They have a really beautiful venue and the price is amazing. Kim is the planner there and she has just been amazing to work with!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards