New Jersey - South

freshest flowers florist for Collingswood Ballroom

Does anyone know how Summit Catering does with their florists' centerpieces?  The package I got includes flowers from Freshest Flowers in Haddon Heights but I just wanted to see if anyone on here has ever used them for their wedding and if so how were they for the quality and price??  My wedding is Jan 6, 2012 at the ballroom and I'm making it Winter themed...so i was thinking of making the centerpieces myself.  maybe skipping out on the flowers altogether and doing something along the lines of branches and crystals.  Would this not be worth my time and saving the money?  Should I see if my florist can do the branch idea for me?  If I decide to take away the florist that was included in my package deal I will get $3.50 off per person but not sure if that's worth it.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!  i'm running low on time here.. =(

Thanks!!!
Jessica

Re: freshest flowers florist for Collingswood Ballroom

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jessica,
    I'm using Summit too. My wedding isn't until November but I've seen a lot of their weddings set up and the centerpieces have come out beautifully. We are using Freshest Flowers for our bouquets, etc. The owner is great to work with and the prices were decent. One idea I have turned out to be a little pricey because it uses orchids (which are expensive flowers) so we deleted it from her proposal and I'm going to do that part myself using nice silk orchids. She probably charge you to put something together that's a little out of the norm. Anyway, it's definitely worth talking to her
  • lovesmybabeslovesmybabes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks for the info..any chance this is colleen?  a friend of mine just told me their neice is getting married at the ballroom in november and is also using summit.  I talked with cindy the florest from freshest flowers today..seemed to go well but she wasn't able to give me even a ballpark estimate on the flowers since dory's the one that does all that.  i found out in order to do the tall vases with curly willow branches there would be an upgrade charge of $50 per table.  that seems a lot considering i'm already paying for the flowers included in my package.  I was thinking i could make half of the tables with tall curly willow vases (with hanging candles and/crystals) and the other half flowers that are included in my package.  or think abt doing the branch idea on my own...ug i don't know what to do. haha Undecided

• edited December 2011
    Nope, Kristen:) My wedding is actually at Valenzano. That does seem high. Check out afloral.com. I don't know if they have the branches you are looking for but that's where I got my silk orchids from. They were very reasonable and they are beautiful. No one will know they aren't real. I'm sure you can do the vases and branches on your own for a lot less than $50 per table. You can get tall vases at places like AC Moore or Christamas Tree Shop for less than $20 each
  • lovesmybabeslovesmybabes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks yeah that's what i'm thinking too!  $50 is just too much..i'll def go check out some craftshops soon and see what i can do. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards