April 2013 Weddings

ugh, I need help.

I am going crazy. I need some help, opinions, guidance, anything.

I don't want any flowers at my wedding. Not for centerpieces, not for decorations, not at all. I was going to do a dessert/cake at each table for the centerpiece, but I would still want a cake. That is just too much cake. Then we were thinking small cake with cupcakes at each table. But still that is a lot of dessert.

So now I have no idea what I want on the dang tables. I don't want anything big, or elaborate. But I don't want a bare table. I have zero creativity and am just so overwhelmed that I can't think of anything. I don't have a theme, my colors are green, black, white, gray.

http://www.iabc-livonia.com/  <--- That is my reception hall. If anyone has any ideas or anything I would totally appreciate it.

Re: ugh, I need help.

• I agree, cake can also be pricey!!!
    Here are somethings I found hope it gives you some inspiration

this one has flowers under the floating candle, but you don't have to do that

i know you said no flowers--but i kinda liked the green votives below:

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So, I've seen a couple different things. 

First, you could do hurricane vases filled with water with stones in the bottom and candles floating on top. Wrap ribbon around the vases to give some thing different, or not. Vary heights of the vases.

Like this, but obvs without the flower. You can even add water beads, which give some texture.

Second, you could do votives of different heights, like this:
    instead of flowers around the bottom, you could scatter sea glass, pebbles, etc. 

You can stack books, and put candles or table numbers on top of those. That's really popluar. 

I hope this helped get your brain working. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards