California-San Diego

Let's talk CAKE! :)

Hello Ladies! I am going to be booking my cake baker soon and would like a little help. I am not from the SD area but I will be getting married on Coronado Island. I would like to find a good baker who can do design work on the cake (nothing too crazy, I will try to attach a picture if not it is the first cake pic in my bio below) I will be having about 175 ppl at the wedding but I will also have a dessert tower so the cake does not need to be huge. My max budget is 600$. I would also like to be able to choose different flavors for each layer. I know this sounds like a lot but all recommendations are welcome. Thank you all in advance!

Re: Let's talk CAKE! :)

• edited December 2011
    I would recommend The French Gourmet.  Their cake flavors are delicious! and they have really good cake designers that do really great patterns!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet Cheeks...delicious cakes and options for flavor, fillings and frostings, and Elaine is great to work with!
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sweet Cheeks! They made my cupcakes--the BEST I've ever had.
  • edited December 2011
    Hans & Harry's in Bonita--it's a small place but very popular. I have -never- had anything bad from there, and my family has ordered from them for years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards