Missouri-Kansas City

Reception music

I know DJ's are usually most popular, but what is everyone in KC using for their reception music?

Re: Reception music

• edited December 2011
    If my reception package didn't come with a DJ, I would be using an MP3 player!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Complete Music for our DJ service.  Using a band never even crossed our minds for more than a minute, considering the substantial cost and all of the extra space they take up in the room.

ETA:  I also didn't want to go the ipod route for fear I would pick music my guests didn't like dancing to, and I'd end up with an empty dance floor all night.  I wanted to have a professional who could adapt to our guests' preferences and keep the dance floor busy!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using a D.J and a guitarist.  He plays a lot of covers from John Mayer to Blackstreet.  He is amazing and figured I would use the D.J primarily and incorporate my guitarist for the first dance and a couple other songs just to mix it up some:)
  • edited December 2011

We're doing an ipod set up. Perhaps not my favorite way to do it, but our venue is small and the ipod is free! The best man is a young 21 year old who I think will do a great job "monitoring" the music.

• dannmdannm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Encore Elite (Specifically, Brad Coates), and were very pleased.

We went with them because the price was right, and Brad was a great help when we were still getting ideas.  He knows that the wedding is NOT about him and that he should not try to be too much in the forefront, but he was still able to make sure things happened at the right time.  His meetings with us were invaluable.

We went with DJ instead of band because the music isn't limited to one or two genres, and sounds better, and is cheaper.

We went with DJ instead of mp3 player because we knew he could play a room, and he could announce events (like announcing the bridal party as we entered and telling tables they could go get food).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards