Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Caterers on Martha's Vineyard

Hi All - I'm having an outdoor wedding in Edgartown in June 2012. I've just started looking for caterers, but am running into a lot of issues with caterers not responding because they're "off season." One caterer gave us a list of possible food items without prices and asked us to pick the foods and THEN they'd tell us the prices. (rip-off red flag!?!?)

Does anyone have a suggestion for responsive and professional caterers in the area who are easy to work with?

Re: Caterers on Martha's Vineyard

• winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you tried Fella Catering?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Buckley's for my wedding in September, Jessica has been great to work with!  They don't have a website yet (they just moved back to the island) so you have to call.  Chef Works is another great option, they were our second choice. 

I will say that all the places we met with we picked out a menu (we started with our dream menu) and then they priced it.  If it was too expensive we made adjustments to the menu to bring the price down. 

You have to remember that things work a little differently on the Vineyard, people use the off season to take vacations.  You aren't going to find standard wedding packages or elaborate websites. 
  • lsnicks19lsnicks19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Tea Lane Catering in 3 weeks! Yikes! They have been great to work with and I feel like they have competitive pricing, especially for MV.
  • edited December 2011
    would love to hear more caterer recommendations...I think I'm switching venues for my September 2011 wedding to the Daniel Fisher House...and now need a caterer...someone easy to work with, somewhat affordable and who has experience at the Daniel Fisher House...
    Thanks!
    Erinn
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with the Daniel Fisher House for recommendations or from your photographer as well. All of the catering companies mentioned have excellent food!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Tea Lane Caterers for my Sep 2011 wedding at the Daniel Fisher House....just decided after meeting with her and Jessica Buckley on MV this week.  MY FI's family is using Buckley for the RD...I liked her a lot but felt that Tea Lane was more "on it."  I really wanted a caterer who would step in and help put placecards where they need to go, and help with flow and I definitely felt that they would do that. They have been great so far and their prices are reasonable for the island, I thought. 
  • edited December 2011
    Buckley's Gourmet Catering is who we are going with. Steve and Jessica are great to work with, and they have helped us plan an incredble menu. We've heard from people on the island that their food is incredible!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi guys ... catching up on this and the info is great.  I just booked my wedding at the Dr. Fisher house in Edgatown for Sept 2012 and need to do all the other fun stuff now... caterer and tent rental.  Does anyone have recommendations for a tent/table rental company?  I know there are 3 or so to choose from so if anyone has had a better experience with any of them I'd love to know.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards