New York-Hudson Valley

Ceremony Tent

Hi ladies,

My fiance and I are having an outdoor ceremony, so need to rent a tent in case of rain.  Can you recommend a rental company with tents that are appropriate for a ceremony? (Our understanding is that we need a frame tent so there will be no poles in the middle, but the ones we've seen are too casual for us).

Also - do you know how it usually works in terms of cancellation?  We only want to put the tent up if it rains, but we were told by one company that the tent has to be put in place a week before. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Tent

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I could see this being a problem. Sometimes decisions regarding whether or not to have a ceremony outside are made hours before the ceremony starts. That wouldn't be enough time to get a tent. I also couldn't see many rental companies renting to you only if it rains. Seems like you would have to rent it whether you use it or not.

There isn't an indoor spot you could move the ceremony to in case of bad weather?

The only place I know of that rents tents is http://www.durantstents.com/ on Route 9 in Wappingers Falls.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    As odd as it sounds we're using the dj company for our tent rentals. Our is the same situation, where we only need to use it if it rains. We were given the best options (we felt) through Ryan at the dj company. We are also using them for lighting and found their prices to be very reasonable. HTH!

www.thedjco.net

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Thanks!  I've called both places and so far so good :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards