Canada-Ontario

Anyone getting married Sept 2012??

Hi ladies,

Is anyone getting married September 2012? if so, what have you do done so far?

Re: Anyone getting married Sept 2012??

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the September 2012 board?  Month/club boards are over to the left <-------.  There will be lots of girls there getting married in Sept. 2012 but sometimes it's tough to find a Torontonian on this board with the same wedding month!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BMcLeodTeam is getting married in Muskoka and emives is getting married in Whitby, both in Septmeber 2012.  Month boards are great because you can talk with multiple brides who are all in the same stages of planning.

Welcome, however!  If you have any questions about getting married in the city, we are here to help.  Feel free to send along your info for the Canadian Knotties List (https://sites.google.com/site/canadianknottiesbio/) if you would like to added!
  • SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on August 25, 2012.
    We have booked our venue, completed our guest list, booked our photographer and booked our florist.  Next steps include booking the videographer, cake baker, design/theme of the day (June/July), booking dj and ceremony musician (Sept/Oct), dress shopping (Nov/Dec)...that's our plan.
  • edited December 2011

I have tried the sept 2012 board and like you said it's a bit hard to find brides from the Toronto region.

Thanks, sntj2012 looks like your on your way!! I have only booked the venue and the church this far. Looks like I should start looking for the rest. I was planning on trying on some dresses Sept/October this year, I hope it's not too early!!

Littlin, Thank you.

• SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're very welcome.  I would suggest you book the things that are very important to you sooner and the others a little later.  For example photos are very important to us and we will slurge a bit on those..at least 5 of the photographers that we were interested in were booked on our wedding date so we moved quickly on getting a contractin place with a photographer that we liked.  Flowers are also important to us (well...this one's all me:) so we booked a florist whose work I love...I think 1 year in advance is good timing to start to look for your dress...I really don't think it is ever too early to look for your dress.   Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011

SNTJ2012 -Good thinking!! Photos and flowers are at the top of my list and good people for a great price will book quickly!!

Thanks again!

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Durham Region on September 22nd, 2012. I'm big on planning and super excited about the wedding so I've been researching a ton, saving pics, ideas, etc. So far I've only booked my venues. FH and I are meeting with the photographer that we want next week. I did try on dresses, but that wasn't planned (MOH suggested just 'dropping' by a store while we were out for lunch and I ended up trying some dresses on - and low and behold, I think I found my dress! Can't stop thinking about it!). Next on my list, after the photographer, is the catering and flowers.

- L
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    L - congrats and welcome!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married on September 15th, 2012, and so far we have our church, venue, cake baker, florist and band.

We are now working on photographer/videographer and limo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi dolce14,

I'm planning a wedding for Sept 2012 and I'm in the Toronto area. We're looking to have it Sept 14th so the most important thing for us is the venue and the food.  So that's what I'm looking for right now.  What about you?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married September 8th 2012 and booked venue, wedding coordinator, photographer and videographer...working on flourist and decor! Still lots of time though :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking to get married September 23. 2012 (but refuse to commit to that date officially until we have a venue).  We have nothing booked, but a lot of things are DIY or family supplies, so the four big ones are venue, officiant, photographer and caterer.  Trying to scratch those off ASAP but losing my mind!  We're on a tight budget, which restricts a lot of options.

Yay, September 2012 brides!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Sep 2 2012!  It's going to be in Markham, but I'm planning it from Florida so it's going to be interesting... so far, I have my venue, band, & photographer booked.
  • ringgirl3ringgirl3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married Sept. 22, 2012....I am a bit on the slow side though...all we have booked is the church and the hall...we are now looking for a photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards