Missouri

Need your local planning help.

Hey Mo Knotties,

We’re doing an article for the local MO/KS Knot Magazine, and we want to hear your tips on the best places in your area. Basically, this is a chance where we get to give props to local vendors. So tell us: What’s the best place for a bachelorette party in your city, the greatest florist, cake baker, hairdresser (and why!), or even the coolest place for photos or a post-wedding brunch. You’re not limited to these things, but it’s just an idea to get you started.

Post below, and thanks in advance!

Annie

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Need your local planning help.

• WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Springfield MO:

Venue: I loved our venue (The Wommack Mill in Fair Grove) but it definitely isn't for everyone. The Savoy Ballroom on Commercial Street is BEAUTIFUL. Jordan Valley Park is another great option for an outdoor venue, and The Historic Firehouse is another "off-beat" venue that could be used for a ceremony and reception.

Rehearsal dinner: Rerico, Brazilian Grille

Dress: Ella Weiss. They have a great selection of dresses for any price range. I loved my dress, and Stephanie is so sweet.

Bachelorette Party: Ernie Biggs Dueling Piano Bar

Florist: Penny Mingus of Creative Touches Floral

Cake: Amycakes. Delicious cake and ridiculously good prices

Hair: Rachel at Sinners & Saints Salon. Super sweet, does a great job, and has very, very good prices.

Photographers: Lance & Amanda of Climer Photography. Hands down my favorite vendors for the entire wedding.

• edited December 2011
    Columbia, MO:

Best photo locations - University of Missouri columns and south quad, Columbia College Missouri Hall parlor, Shelter Gardens for those wonderful outdoor pictures!

Dress - Victoria's Bridal. Victoria's Bridal is located a short drive from Columbia in Jefferson City, MO. They have a wondeful selection, great price and the staff makes you feel at home. Their shop is wonderful with huge dressing rooms and they treat you like a queen!

Hair and make-up - Riversong Spa and Salon in Columbia, MO. They were able to accomodate our entire group and allow us to bring in stuff for pre-wedding drinks!
  • edited December 2011
    Springfield, MO

DJ- Complete music and video and their platinum DJ Brock are wonderful hands down best decision we made for our wedding. They worked with us on our budget and met with us to discuss what we had in mind for our reception. We met with Brock about a week before our wedding for almost 2 hours, he helped us choose the order of events for the ceremony, fun dances to do during the reception and ways to get our guests involved.

On the day of the wedding we never had to wonder what ws coming up next in the timeline, he kept us so well informed. He knew a couple dozen of our guests names and it made more people comfortable to get up and dance. He got out and taught us dances, he had so many creative idea and our dance floor was not empty the entire night.

Cake-

We used Junes bakery, they were incredible, their prices were awesome. They worked so hard to make sure they gave us the cake we were dreaming of. Our cake was beautiful it tasted amazing. They do not charge delivery or set up, they also do not charge for your cake stand.

Florist-

We used schaffitzels on north Glenston, they did some beautiful work. We got our boquets, coursages ect through them but they also have columns, arch ways, ferns all kinds of things that you can get through them at very reasonable prices.

SB Bon-

We rented all of our linens, chairs, chargers, candy buffet  through SB Bon. They were so incredible to work with I don't even know where to begin. I went in with no idea what I was looking for and how to make my vision a reality. They sat up a whole table to give me different ideas and helped me with my color selections. Rebecca and Carolyn made our wedding reception everything I could have ever imagined. We had a family friend who has went to countless weddings that our wedding was the most elegent wedding she had ever been to. I don't think this could have been possible without SB Bon.

The Lamplighter North

We decided to have our reception at the lamplighter do to the amount of out of town guest that we would have. The room was your typical hotel ballroom and I was somewhat nervous about the look of it. Jeanie is the sales manager at the Lamplighter and she might be the sweetest person I have ever met! But really I don't think I met anyone there who was not nice from front desk, clean up, bartender they were all great. Once we got the room decorated it didn't even look like the same place!!

We were able to get in first thing friday morning to set up for our Saturday reception since they didn't have an event booked on Friday. We had all day friday to bring stuff in and get the reception set up, this way no one had to run around like a crazy person the day of the wedding. At the reception Saturday evening no one bothered us, hasseled us about the sound, what time we were leaving or anything. The bartender was a great guy, we got lots of compliments on him. We then had all day sunday to come in and clean up the reception and pack everything away. So after a long night of partying we were able to get a good nights sleep and then come in sunday and clean up.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards