Idaho

Almo, ID anyone?

ginadogginadog member
5 Love Its First Comment
Where all did you or will you have your wedding?

We live in Logan but we're thinking of Almo, ID for a wedding (City of Rocks area).  We love this place and we're thinking at the Castle Rocks State Park which has a lovely little ranch house you can rent and use the lawns for a wedding.  Anyone been there?  Just curious!

Re: Almo, ID anyone?

• edited December 2011
    Had to Google it. It looks realy pretty, love the scenery...sounds like I need to make it over to eastern Idaho more often

I'm having my wedding in McCall, I love the mountains and trees...we rented a horse ranch for the weekend so the property is all ours and don't have to worry about rushing the reception, it will laid back and relaxed!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does look like a nice place to get married! We got married in Boise. I loved the little white chapel that we used (It's not used as a church anymore, just a place you can rent) I would have loved to have been able to get married in McCall or somewhere in the mountains, but since we got married in April, it still would have been too cold there.

My sister just got married in Logan about 3 weeks ago (Well, Providence) at Von Baer Park, and it was a nice place for a inexpensive price. I'm not sure how much she paid, but I know it was inexpensive for the day.  (Not that I'm telling you to get married there...lol) I love the Logan area, it's so beautiful. I practically grew up there with my grandparents living there. =)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love McCall area as well!  I've driven up there, took ~6.5 hours from Logan.

Because of the remoteness (neither of the 2 food joints serve breakfast) it looks like we shoud provide some coffee/muffins in addition to our pizza welcome night and Dutch oven reception.  All the rental units have fridges, but people mihgt not want to pick up milk and cereal the night before.  Amazingly, providing 3 meals (one of which is catered) still comes out cheaper than renting a regular place and serving one meal at that venue!

Here's the Ranch House that you can rent and get the lawns for wedding/reunion/picnic use. 

• edited December 2011
    Very nice...love the pics
    Up until a week ago I was wondering if it would warm up enough to get married in McCall, could have truly been a white wedding :).
    Luckily McCall is only 2 hours from Boise

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did you get married at the little white chapel on the BSU campus?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_almo-id-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:d5dca520-4b69-47c6-86c5-fd4b9c6f8f31Post:878eed41-a696-495f-9ecb-3b5f85f20495">Re: Almo, ID anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you get married at the little white chapel on the BSU campus?
    Posted by candychick[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. =) Sorry for the slow response! This board is a lot more active than when I was planning.
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards