Plus-Sized

Lingerie Question

Hey guys,

I saw a thread earlier this week that posted lots of suggestions for plus size lingirie.  I have myself used yandy.com, and perhaps one other site in the past... and I plan on looking at the sites everyone recommended....

However, my question is, does anyone know of any specific brands that are made with ample room for one's boobs?  My fiance loves it when I greet him with a new "outfit" but I have not done it for quite a while because I just don't feel that anything I have bought actually FITS.  I dont believe I am extremely large in that area (38DD) but nothing I have ever bought has room for my boobs, or to squish them in makes the rest of the outfit look badly.  Even if the rest of the item is too large the boob area is still too small

I have to think not all brands are that way because these items are designed to show off one's assets, correct? So you would think they would make some that are better suited for larger versions of these assets??? I dont know. Fiance has commented recently that I havent worn any such things lately, but like I said I dont want to spend the money if it isn't going to fit anywhere close to right. 

So, iIf anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Lingerie Question

• Sorry, I'm a 44D, and everything I try on is much too big in the chest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's.

I'm not sure about online retailers since I don't trust buying anything online that I haven't tried on first, but i always have good luck finding pretty underthings there.  I bought a silky nightie there today and there is plenty of room, no constricting at all, and it's still really cute.

edit: I'm a 38F
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_lingerie-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:24461d03-d58b-4e0e-ab12-d90a897d79adPost:56c4eeb6-b1fd-4f77-bb31-8a4117b595f3">Re: Lingerie Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Macy's. I'm not sure about online retailers since I don't trust buying anything online that I haven't tried on first, but i always have good luck finding pretty underthings there.  I bought a silky nightie there today and there is plenty of room, no constricting at all, and it's still really cute.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. This is where I  bought my honeymoon lingerie, and I am fairly full-chested (40D). I didn't feel restricted at all (and I did other places that I tried). I believe the brand I purchased was Morgan Taylor.</div>
    *Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Avenue makes some great ones. The blue one I got on clearance (still on clearance) is awesome and under $10 when I got it including the shipping.
  • Lane Bryant sales lingerie according to bust size.  I also have used hipsandcurves.com 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards