California-Northern

Need help/info!! The Citizen Hotel Sacto

Hi all!
I am new to theknot.com but have fallen in love with the site! I need a little help though. My fiance and I are in the very early stages of planning our wedding. He's the sterotypical groom in that he's excited but doesn't care too much about little details! lol. He did mention in a converstaion that he thought and outdoor ceremony would be nice. I am pretty against this. I do find outdoor wedding to be beautiful and if the weather is nice it can be great, however the last couple years sacramento weather has been weird! I mean, I was still wearing uggs late into june!! So, I thought I'd compromise with him and found The Citizen Hotel with it's 7th floor Terrace. It has huge floor to ceiling windows that look out over the capitol and has a great city scape view. I think he will love it. My only problem is that I can't find out how many guests it will accomodate. Has anyone had a wedding there or know how many people can fit into that room for both the ceremony and reception? I have googled it and can't find answers and when I called them they said they would only give me that info if I came in. I just don't want to get my hopes up if it is too small! We're planning on inviting 175-200 guests. Also, if anyone has other sacramento area suggestions where the wedding is heald inside but seems outside (if that makes sence! lol!) that would help too!!

Thank you!!

Re: Need help/info!! The Citizen Hotel Sacto

• olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's kind of funny they won't tell you that info over the phone? Try looking at reviews on sites like weddingwire.com and such.
  • edited December 2011
    That is weird that they wouldn't tell you on the phone.  The info is on their website http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/sacramento/citizen/meetings

Metropolitan Terrace

Theater: 325
    Classroom: 280
    Reception: 300
    Banquet (rounds): 180

I have been to the room before for a banquet and they would have to flip the room for a ceremony and then reception. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Granite Bay golf club. The reception area is a big big big room with sunroof type windows and floor to ceiling windows on 2 of the walls. One of the walls has alot of doors that open to the patio so it can feel very open. I think, if you wanted, you could probably get married in the reception ballroom. We're choosing to get married outside but the ceremony location is less then 25 ft from the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cribbiecribbie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there in November. It accomodates 180ppl. Keep in mind the price per person is about $75 not including taxes and service charge.
  • edited December 2011
    Why not just go in and see the place anyway?
     If you're seriously considering that location it may be in your best interest to see the place for yourself and get a feel for the location.
    Cupcake Original since 2007 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say that I was one of the first weddings they did at this location (back in 09), and I can not recommend it enough. Now that they've got the 'bugs' worked out, I think this is a great venue. I think we paid just over $50pp, and it was gorgeous. We had 150 people and there was more than enough room. I would say 200 would be max though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards