Iowa-Des Moines

Venues Booked!!!

I have official information about my wedding now!! No more telling people 'Oh we haven't gotten that far yet' or 'we're working on it, we'll let you know'!!
Ceremony will be at the Raccoon River Nature Lodge. Love the lakeview and the main room in general; don't love the stuffed geese and deer and whatever else is out in the lobby, but that's ok.
Reception will be at the Renaissance Savery. I just love that hotel and what they include with a reception is just awesome! The sales manager said they plan to do some renovations, so I'm hoping that if this is done by our wedding, that I will like it. I like the way the ballroom looks now!
Oh and our date is September 3, 2011
Now... just have to plan the rest.....

Re: Venues Booked!!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Doesn't it feel great to have that done?
  • kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about that hotel. How much does it cost? and what comes with it?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_venues-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:48ea1435-9a1e-4bc6-9985-3117ddad991aPost:97408ebe-f562-429c-8ffc-a29f565c15a9">Re: Venues Booked!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking about that hotel. How much does it cost? and what comes with it?
    Posted by kschwarz09[/QUOTE]

kscwarz09 - Oh my gosh, I love the Renaissance Savery! Here's the low-down: They don't have rental fees, just charge a food and beverage minimum. I don't know if these are dependant on the specific ballroom or date, but our minimum is $6000. Not too hard when we plan to have around 125ish people and the buffet is $40 per person. I mainly loved all the extras they include - hotel room for bride and groom for the night, champagne toast for all, includes all tables and chairs which they set up, centerpieces! they have hurricane vases with a candle, mirrored tiles and 3 votive candles! (Not what i would normally pick, but it's included so i love it!), um, what else? If you sign up or have Marriott Rewards Points, you earn 3 points for each $1 spent! We're hoping to use these for a free night stay either in Chicago or Kansas City. They also had a promotion right now where you can add an extra thing for free, which we picked a hotel room for the night before too. So we have a suite booked for Friday and Saturday night. oh, also, the hotel is connected with the skywalk so it's really easy to get to even though it's downtown.
    Give them a call or check out their website! We've been dealing with Cindy and she's really great!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Sounds like you got a great little deal as well!!
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the Checks!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I know nothing came together for us until we finally had a reception site and a date.  Before that it was, "Oh, we're getting married sometime in late summer or fall of next year..."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking the venues!  I know that it felt great when we got that taken care of, those are two major things, done! :-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Congrats! I love the Racoon River Lodge. I think its pretty there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards