Alabama
Options

dauphin island, al wedding cake?!

Hey yall...i've been researching wedding cakes and would like to get one from an independent, at home person, to avoid the crazy high cost. It isn't going to be a big cake, only for around 30 people or so. Does anyone know of anywhere to try looking? Our wedding is going to be in Dauphin Island on October 6, 2012.

Re: dauphin island, al wedding cake?!

• Options
    I don't know for sure if there are any bakeries on the island itself, so you'll want to look for bakeries/bakers in Mobile or Baldwin county.  You can try Google or Craig's List for at-home bakers (make sure they're legit though!) because I only know of business bakeries.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_dauphin-island-al-wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:80828ccb-dd8c-4280-9c1c-208b5076ffb8Post:c10dd51f-8c3e-4399-9a46-2ce8ca2071f7">dauphin island, al wedding cake?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey yall...i've been researching wedding cakes and would like to get one from an independent, at home person, to avoid the crazy high cost. It isn't going to be a big cake, only for around 30 people or so. Does anyone know of anywhere to try looking? Our wedding is going to be in Dauphin Island on October 6, 2012.
    Posted by cherrie1897[/QUOTE]

There is a wonderful bakery on the Island called The Lighthouse Bakery--Mary Scarcliffe is the owner, and she is very reasonable- you might want to contact her. If you are in need of a photographer, you may contact me--hARTley~russell photography--PO Box 1087, Dauphin Island AL 36528. We are also very reasonable.  The island is a beautiful place for a wedding, and October is the perfect month!  Good luck with your plans for a beautiful island wedding!  hARTley~russell photography
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_dauphin-island-al-wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:80828ccb-dd8c-4280-9c1c-208b5076ffb8Post:c10dd51f-8c3e-4399-9a46-2ce8ca2071f7">dauphin island, al wedding cake?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey yall...i've been researching wedding cakes and would like to get one from an independent, at home person, to avoid thIn e crazy high cost. It isn't going to be a big cake, only for around 30 people or so. Does anyone know of anywhere to try looking? Our wedding is going to be in Dauphin Island on October 6, 2012.
    Posted by cherrie1897[/QUOTE]

In the state of Alabama, it is illegal and a health code violation to make food items in your home and sell them.  Home bakeries are illegal here.

We have a small family only bakery (in a licensed legal kitchen, not at our home) and will deliver to Dauphin Island if you are interested.  <a href="http://www.amazingcakesfoley.com/" rel="nofollow">www.amazingcakesfoley.com</a>
  • Options
    Did you get my private email. I hope it was helpful to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards