Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cupcake wedding cake

Has anybody seen this done? I hear it is becoming popular. With or without little cake on top?

Re: Cupcake wedding cake

• carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing cupcakes w/the smaller cake on top. I think it is cute and my FI really wants cupcakes instead of cake. I'm thinking I may do half choc and half vanilla.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • edited December 2011
    Do it with the little cake on top. This is such a cute idea!
  • dipity427dipity427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was thinking about do that. i think its really cute i just googled wedding cupcakes to get a better idea of how it would look. im doing it with a little top cake so we still have something to cut :)
    Married 5/15/2011 TTC #1 Since June 2012 BFP#1 1/23/13 MC @7weeks
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it done tons of times.  i think it's really cute but i'm kinda over the novelty of it since so many people do it.  Go for it if you like it though!
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a cupcake tower with a little cutting cake on top! I've loved this idea for a very long time!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My sis is doing this for hers - little tiers of cupcakes with one small cake on top for them to cut. I love it!

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing cupcakes, but we are not having the little cake on top. Instead we are doing bride and groom cupcakes.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bride and groom cupcakes sound sooo cute
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Please be kind and order extra cupcakes!! 
  • kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I initially was gonna do the cupcake idea with the smaller cake on top. We were gonna do that for budget reasons and felt better that it is a popular up and coming trend for weddings. However is was watching a rather famous pastry chefs kids last night ( i didnt even bother asking him to do our cake because it would cost like 3x's our budget) and he laughed at me! He said "what the hell, you dont get cupcakes on your wedding day! You will get a beautiful cake..."I was like okay and he shot me down on the cupcakes. It's a cute idea to some and then to others its like um, where's the wedding cake?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards