DC

Makeup Trial - advice?

So, I had my makeup trial with Aisha from Picture Perfect Makeup over the weekend and I need ur opinion.
I LOVED the makeup, it looked exactly like what I asked for: glamorous but not overly dramatic...she hit the nail on the head. She suggested I try false lashes to make my eyes stand out a little more, but I said I didn't want them.

Have any of you worn false lashes before? Do they look really fake or feel uncomfortable? Aisha offered to put them on me yesterday but I was scared.  Now that I am thinking about it I think I might want them.

thoughts?

Re: Makeup Trial - advice?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't tried them but everyone I know who has used them absolutely LOVED them!  When I go for a trial, I definitely want to try them out. 
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear them all the time. I did theater though, so for me fake lashes have been pretty standard since high school =) In pictures, they tend to look really great and make my eyes pop, since I have stunted little practically no-lashes.

A few things to know:
    ~Don't have your wedding day be the first day you wear them for an extended period of time. They're going to be heavier and feel strange, and you want to get used to them before you wear them for an event. especially because you're probably going to want to blink more and rub your eyes more the first few times you wear them.
    ~If you don't know how to put them on by yourself, practice unless you're going to have your make up person put them on for you.
    ~The glue I use for them is NOT waterproof, I don't know if they have waterproof glue out there (was planning on looking into that in a few months for myself), so if you're a crier like me then you'll have to worry about them coming loose from the tears
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Amelia33Amelia33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!! I called Aisha and she said I could come in for a 2nd trial to try out the lashes :)  she is *awesome*!!
    I am going to sched it for the day of my shower or maybe my bachelorette party to take advantage of lookin smokin! haha.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards