North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Reception Schedule

Did any of yall have a schedule for your reception?  My Mother just asked me if I had one and suggested that I make one.  For all the traditional stuff, and the biggest push for that would be my grandparents want to leave by a certain time to catch a show at The Lost Colony that same night...that pisses me off, but oh well. 

So if you did have one, how did it go?

Re: Reception Schedule

• Options
    This is the schedule we used. We started a little late and then before the toasts we couldn't find the groom's dad for about 20 minutes (I wasn't super happy about that) so then we shortened the time between the toasts and dances and the dances and cake. So really, the times ended up being a guideline for the DJ/caterer/phtographer and set the order of events (which was more important to me than the timing).

5:30 PM    Cocktail Hour while pictures continue 
    5:30 PM    Photobooth and guest book set up
    6:30 PM    First Dance
    6:33 PM    Guests directed to their seats and then relased by table for dinner:
    7:00 PM    Toasts
    7:30 PM    Father/Daugher dance
    7:33 PM    Mother/Son dance
    7:36 PM    Anniversary dance
    8:00 PM    Cake cutting
    11:30 PM   End of bartender and DJ
  • Options
    We had a order of events, but did not have a set timed schedule.  We just went with the flow of what we were doing with our guests at the time, and how we felt.  I would set the order of events, and then tell your mom that you are not sticking to a timed out event b/c I bet no wedding sticks to perfect timing.  I would just tell her that if your grandparents are there then great, but if not, it's their own fault for wanting to watch a show during their granddaughter's wedding.  (I would be pretty angry as well). Our order was:

Wedding starting at 4pm
    Family pictures and wedding party pictures immediately following
    While everyone was taking pictures, the cocktail hour began under the tent
    Pictures of Owen and I on the beach, I wanted to be back by 6pm at the latest
    6pm Wedding party introductions and introduction of us, my dad prays and we eat
    After Dinner:
    First dance by us, my dad and I, then owen and his mother
    Dancing by all
    I think we did toasts around 830pm or 9pm
    more dancing
    11pm-party ended

Hope this helps some :)  Good luck with your grandparents. 
  • Options
    Here's ours! I would agree with Amanda that timing won't match up completey!

6:30: Ceremony - Low Tide at 7:15pm

7:00: Cocktail Hour (save mixed plate of HDs for B+G)

7:22: Sunset

8:00: Intro of B+G

8:05: First Dance

8:10: Blessing

8:15: Dinner to start

9:30: Champagne Toasts by MOH and BM

9:45: Cake Cutting - save top

9:50: Bouquet handover to Brother and Fiancee

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, I see that we do need something as a guideline and these really help.  I just know that they will miss somthing, and it makes me feel really unimportant to be upstaged by The Lost Colony.  Yes they put on a great show but this is my wedding.  My Grandfather is giving me away, so I was going to have him do a dance with me but if they leave I guess I will nix that.  My family has really dissapointed me during my wedding planning, I am hurt but I have other great people who have stepped up and been there for me so I am lucky for that.  My family loves my FI and pretty much has said we can't wait until you guys finally get married for a very long time (We've been together for 4 years) so I expected everyone to be different I guess.  I can equate getting married to having a baby...you find out who your friends and supporters are.
  • Options
    Wow, that's kind of crazy that he's choosing a show over your wedding.  Have you talked to your family about that?  Maybe to try suggesting catching it another night together or something? I just find that very odd.

Sorry to hear that people haven't been there like you were expecting.  Unfortunately I agree with your assessment that you definitely find out people's true colors during the wedding planning process.  I hope that everyone starts supporting you guys a little more!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options

My Mom talked to them, and they are going to go the day before instead.  I still don't get it, I guess some people I never will!

• Options
    Some people just don't really think.  For instance, my uncle, the only living relative I have from my moms side, told my mom he couldn't come to my wedding (he said it was work) about three weeks before, over text.  I was devastated b/c I had even called him and asked him to walk her down the aisle a few months before.  He never even called, sent in his response card, or emailed me to tell me he couldn't make the wedding.  My mom finally talked to him about a week before the wedding and told him I was upset and the situation, and he said he didn't even think about it like that and didn't realize I'd be upset.  So the gist is, people just don't really get it sometimes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards