Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

approx cost for alterations?

I know it depends on the seamstress and what you have done but I was just wondering what the possible cost is for bustle, taken in on the sides,  and a layer of crinolin taken out?

Re: approx cost for alterations?

• edited June 2012
    I had a TON of alterations done on my dress including bustle, hemming, taking in a LOT, etc. and it came out to around $250 (probably should have been more but my seamstress was awesome and refused to charge us more. She originally only wanted $100!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Mine were $460 but I got lace straps added and they had to cut the bottom and add it to the sides of my gown to let it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • kristy888kristy888 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012

The cost can vary a lot. It really depends on the amount of work you need / want and the complexity of your dress. My alterations were $1100. I had a very detailed dress and had a lot of work done. For the alterations you listed, I would estimate $200-$400.

• The hem, bustle and to get cups sewn in cost me $145.
    June 16, 2012
  • My bridal salon said the average is about $250.  When mine comes in, I know a few parts will be taken in, I'll probably need a hem, plus a bustle and I want to modify the top to be a more sweetheart shape.  My consultant estimated that would be around $150-$200.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • To hem bustle and cup it was $265. I went through David's Bridal
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks Everyone!!
  • Thanks Everyone!!
  • It costs me $125 to take it in an inch on the sides and $110 for a french bustle...so $235 total.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    My salon said for my dress for a bustle, hem and taking in the sides it wouldn't be anymore than $200.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Mine were about $300 (or $350) and I didn't have much done (hem, bustle, taken in a little, cups sewn)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My first gown (didn't actually end up wearing it) was from DB and I was NOT going to use them. I went to a local, reliable seamstress to have it taken in on the sides and ran about 35 bucks or so
  • The cost can definately vary depnding on what needs to be done. I believe mine was about $300
  • The hem, bustle and take in on shoulders was about $150. Through a private seamstress, not David's Bridal. They wanted almost double $$
  • I went through a small alterations shop rather than getting mine done at davids bridal and only paid $40 to have cups sewn in and to have the whole upper portion (from the hips up) taken in
  • I just had the hem shortened, the top taken in and a french bustle done and it cost me just under three hundred. I got my dress from David's bridal and refused to use them, I went to a local seamstress. Because my dress had to have the beads taken off them resewn on cost me a little bit more. My dress is almost ready and I can't wait till the end of the month when I can wear it.
  • My dress needs to be shortened, the sides taken in and a bustle.  I was quoted $175 from the bridal shop where I bought my dress.  I planned to go in sometime in July for my fitting and to have the alterations done. 
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dang I got lucky! My coworker's girlfriend is a seamstress and she is currently doing my hem and bustle for $40! :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I went through DB and my alterations cost $330- I'm having a corset back put in and having it shortened- it has multiple layers, lace appliques, and beadwork. Also had to have the bodice restructured a little because of the corset addition. I get it back in two weeks so hopefully it won't need much more. Honestly, though, the other quote I had for it was "at least $500" from a well-reviewed seamstress so I'm fine with my choice to go through the shop!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards