Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

red velvet

too much for a bride's cake? The last wedding I went to the groom's cake was SO MUCH better than the bride's and although it's not a contest... I don't want mine to completely fall flat against his german chocolate:)

Re: red velvet

• edited December 2011

What do you mean by "too much"? Red velvet cake is delicious and very popular these days.

Of course, I don't like german chocolate so my opinion might be biased ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

FI's grooms cake is going to be red velvet, his favorite, otherwise I would definitely have a tier of it in the wedding cake. There can never be enough red velvet!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    oh my Red Velvet with chocolate chip buttercream icing... mmmmm to die for and it is my wedding cake.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had red velvet from some of her wedding cake, and it was delicious. If you like red velvet, than I would definitely have it.

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• edited December 2011
    Half of ours is red velvet (with white chocolate mousse! YUM!) It was my pick, the other half is yellow cake with strawberry and custard filling!

So I say go for it!
  • SarahL33SarahL33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's a great choice! That's what our display cake is(for the color and much as the flavor), and for our sheet cakes we got both red velvet and chocolate...both delicious!
    ****June 3rd, 2011 Moulin Rouge-vintage theme!!!**** Photobucket My daughters :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards