Hawaii

Married with reviews! :)

Hi Ladies! I always thought reading reviews was very helpful when I was planning so I thought I would provide mine.

We stayed at Kaanapali Shores, located in West Maui. I love this hotel, Ive stayed here before and will continue to stay here. They have 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, right on the ocean, good price, washer/dryer in unity, full kitchen in unit which saves a lot of money, restaurant on site, and good location to Lahaina.

The ceremony was at Po'olenalena Beach at 5:45pm. There was only 1 other wedding going on and honestly they were so far away I didnt even notice. They have parking right there and its a larger beach area which is perfect for a big group (we had 32 people).

Our wedding planner was Deanne of Precious Maui Weddings. Ive said many timed how much I love her. I emailed her sooo many times about random things and she was always very helpful. Deanne wasnt my DOC however she had another lady who was so sweet, but I cant remember her name :(

Included with her package we had hair and makeup with Liz & Andrea. They were great! I LOVED the way it all turned out. I also got a mani/pedi with them. 

Our harpist was Kristine Snyder, who I requested and Deanne then booked. It was beautiful.

Our minister was Cleighton Eaton, he was great to work with. He did parts of the ceremony in Hawaiian and translated back. We also wanted to do a special lei ceremony with our families and he included that.

Our photographer, again in the package, was Patty Holbrook. She was a blast. She was all over the place but she got some really good shots and got everyone in place since we only had a short amount of time to take pictures before the sun went down. She was also super fast. We got married on Monday and had our photos and CD of the negatives by Thursday to take home with us. She even brought them to our hotel. She worked with a videographer (Mark?) and we will get the video in like 6 weeks so I cant really say much about him.

We had a casual meal at Aloha Mixed Plate after the ceremony. I worked with Kamirae and she was easy to work with. The food was okay. I heard from people in the group who had gone there prior to the wedding that it was really good. Maybe its because we had such a large number of people it wasnt at its prime. But it was affordable and thats what we wanted since were having an at home reception in a few weeks.

Here are the photos if you want to check everything out!

Re: Married with reviews! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards