Florida-West Coast
Options

Tampa reception

Both my fiance and I are Catholic and want to have a Catholic ceremony, but we need help on reception venues. Our chuch is in Brandon, but we want our out of town guests (both our familys live up North) to at least see water when they come to a Florida wedding. We are thinking downtown Tampa along the Riverwalk, but I need some help...
1. Recomendations on locaions 
2. Is Brandon to Downtown Tampa too far guests to travel? lots of out of town guests
3. Should we provide transportation from hotel (downtown) to church
-Recomendations 

Thanks

Re: Tampa reception

• Options
    The Riverwalk area is beautiful, the drive from Brandon to that area is about 20-25 min. (assuming the cross town is used) Most Catholic weddings are around 2:30 and then the reception not till 6 or 7, if you have that break I dont think the distance is too bad, since you have a lot of out of town guest they may or may not be renting cars, most hotels can provide a shuttle from hotel to the reception (if not in same place), so perhaps you can set up a shuttle from hotel to church also? Another option is looking at Catholic churches in downtown Tampa area.... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd suggest finding a Catholic church closer to your reception venue.  My fiance's family is from out of town and it seemed to work best for us that the church was close to the reception since driving in a new city can be stressful to some (especially if you have older guests).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards