Illinois-Chicago

Engagement Pics- Lincoln Park Zoo

We're doing our engagement shoot with Mark with r3mg photography on this upcoming Sunday.

Where are some good places to do pics at the zoo?  Any pretty locations
"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot

Re: Engagement Pics- Lincoln Park Zoo

• edited December 2011
    I have never seen engagement pics in a zoo! Get a shot in front of each cage!
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at the zoo an you would never know it was the zoo-no animals or cages! Go to the Conservatory...lots of greenery and flowers and make sure you head to the other side near the farm. We had some amazing shots on the bridge with the city in the backgound....they are beautiful! There is also a great arch sculpture near there with some cool detail for pictures...I will try to send some pics! Good luck and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    we had ours done just outside of lincoln park zoo on the bridge and around south pond.   I love the way they came out.  I know someone mentioned the conservatory that's a good idea or there is that park just across the street from the conservatory that usually has awesome plots of flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh also I just remembered this. There is an aviary at the zoo and in one room they let the birds roam free.  There's plenty of foliage too if you want that.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool is just down Fullerton towards LSD and you can get some amazing shots there too.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know if there are there any permits required to take pro photos at the zoo?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

We just did our shoot yesterday and the pics will be done this week (i'm excited to post them)

We had a complete blast working with Mark and we got some beautiful pictures at the Zoo (the boardwalk, carousel, pond area, that arch that overlooks the city scape)  we even went to the beach and took a few pictures on the shorebreak.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

@ Motogirl - no you don't need a permit to photograph at lincoln park zoo: I'm not sure of Brookfield or others, but I can't see why it'd be a problem. 

- J
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards