July 2012 Weddings

Hair...

How are you ladies wearing your hair the day of??

I am thinking half up half down curly....but worried it will be too hot! I am thinking full updo might be better.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair...

• My hair is going to be all up.  I wear my hair down everyday and having it up puts me in a 'fancy' mindset.
  • ditto penny. We're having a pretty formal wedding and I thought my hair looked better up with the type of dress I have.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • all up I don't want anything in my face plus my hair does not hold curls well when my hair is down so it would probably all be straight by the end of the night if I did a half up half down do.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am hoping to do all up in a braided updo.  I'm not sure my hair is going to be long enough :(  Hair trial in 21 days.. we'll see!
  • All up. July = hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Long outdoor ceremony + a lot of dancing at the reception = hair up! If my hair was down,even partially, I would end up putting it up and I'd rather have a professional make it look nice. Down would look nice because that's how I usually wear it, but when the weather is hot or I'm out dancing, it always goes up.

• singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My FI really wants it down but with it being July and probably in the 80's - 90's, dancing, and a big huge ball gown, I just don't see how I can without dying. I could wear it down for the ceremony and pictures and then my cousin that is a hairstylist is coming to the wedding and reception so she could put it up for me, but then that means I have to decide if I'm wearing it down just straight or curly, and then decide on an up do as well. Who knew hair could be so hard of a decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • My FI really wants it down but with it being July and probably in the 80's - 90's, dancing, and a big huge ball gown, I just don't see how I can without dying. I could wear it down for the ceremony and pictures and then my cousin that is a hairstylist is coming to the wedding and reception so she could put it up for me, but then that means I have to decide if I'm wearing it down just straight or curly, and then decide on an up do as well. Who knew hair could be so hard of a decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • I did mine half up half down at my hair trial and it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would being half down.  Especially since after I went out and did gardening and pool maintenance haha.  It stood the test for that so I figure it can handle a night of dancing.

Anniversary
  • I want it up and out of the way. It's going to be hot - and I fidget with my hair when it's down. Something simple - as my hair isn't that long - a bit past my shoulders and isn't very thick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing half up. I actally wanted my hair down because it curls really well I love how that looks, but my veil is heavy and my hair is thin. When I put the veil in with my hair down it fell out! So it will be half up to hold the veil. I'm not worried about the heat because everything is indoors and he keeps the venue cold.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely half up, half down with curls. I hate how my hair looks all up so I would never be happy with an updo. I'm getting extensions to wear that day and they usually hold a curl much better than my own hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
  • I'm braving the July heat and doing half up half down with curls.  My hair is very long and heavy so putting it up would be a pain and I never wear my hair up. If it's really hot, we won't be doing pix outside, so I'm not too worried! 
    imageAnniversary
  • UP! Where I live in Northern CA the summer can get VERY hot! I want it off my neck. I am worried that if I have it down my curls would just sweat out! Last years weather for July 14th was 86. July is very unpredictable and usually ranges from 90-100+
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards