Wedding Etiquette Forum

Well, now I need new pants

I went up to the cafeteria to get something for lunch.  Picked out a cup of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.  The cup gave way and I burnt my left hand and have soup all over my right leg.  Pretty sure this is the end of these pants. 

And, to top it off, the soup (second cup) didn't even taste great.  And the sandwich tasted like cardboard.  I should have stuck with my plan to get sushi from the grocery. 

Bet the train ride home will be interesting.  And, somehow, I'm really not so bothered by this turn of events.  I'm kind of in "Whadda ya gonna do?" mode.  The fact that three people, including my boss, asked if I'd like to sue the company that runs the cafe kinda cracked me up.
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: Well, now I need new pants

• This one time, in Fargo, I spilled a huge glass water ALL OVER MY LAP.  I told everyone I pissed myself.  It was kind of funny.

Good thing we were on the patio outside.  Also, it cooled me down a bit. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • A girl I used to work with bent over in front of a bunch of customers and split her pants straight up the butt.  As if that's not bad enough, a woman said, very loudly, "Girl, you done ripped yo' pants!!"  Pretty hilarious for everyone else, though.

I spill food on my shirt almost daily it seems like. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-now-need-new-pants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b2dd970-4294-4fe4-8f8e-d29a65c09a83Post:591ae4cf-1b22-43c4-9a0b-fdf9f6c4d57d">Re: Well, now I need new pants</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spill food on my shirt almost daily it seems like. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Coffee for me.  I manage to get SPECTACULAR coffee stains just about every time I wear white to work.
    murrayed
  • Having to wear cold, damp, tomato-ey pants is definitely not a good thing.  But I'm holding onto this happy-go-lucky 'tude for dear life, if at all possible. 

Mandy, are there pictures? 

Kiki, I frequently get a little tiny spot of something on me.  This is so much more.  3 foot long peach streak on grey pants.  At least the pants were old, I suppose. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I got chocolate on my white shirt this morning... luckily I brought a cardigan... unfortunately it's 42 degrees celcius outside...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • nhelene, that might be the only thing I don't spill on myself.  Probably because I don't drink it.  Otherwise. . . bad news.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Boo Squirrly. I admire your attitude. That's the sort of thing that would probably make me cry out of sheer frustration. I inhereted my spilling gene from my dad. He can't take communion without a wine stain. It's a banner day if I don't spill something on me. Or knock something over.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • oh.
    I thought this was going to be another shart week post.

• Growing up, I was very particluar about stains. If I spilled something on myself, I had to change. These days, it's like, "Well, shiit" and then I move on. But a three foot long peach stain? I'd be going home to change. The little girl who hates stains wouldn't let me stay at work like that.
  • [QUOTE]oh. I thought this was going to be another shart week post.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

CLTM.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-now-need-new-pants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b2dd970-4294-4fe4-8f8e-d29a65c09a83Post:8efbb31f-36cc-4761-9ff2-0a32d9c1574a">Re: Well, now I need new pants</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh. I thought this was going to be another shart week post.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

I thought it was going to be a story about practically pissing yourself with laughter. Like, "check out this story guys! It's so funny I need to change my pants!"

I'm with LC. I somehow got large orangy stains on my white pants last week. I think it was peanut sauce? I didn't notice until much later, somehow. I almost always spill coffee on myself. I once was making lunch and knocked a bottle of oil out of the cupboard. Which broke and spilled ALL over my skirt and all over my new purse (which was, thankfully, patent leather and not damaged).
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Ouch!  Insult to injury.

I work in a downtown shopping area, so in your place I'd probably go buy new pants ASAP...

It seems that this was a fateful day for this pair of trusty pants.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • That's why all my oil lives in plastic bottles.
  • you know, i don't think we did take a picture of my pants.  but it was shortly before we drunk dialed some people.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • squirrly I'm sorry about your pants and that you burned yourself, but I must say this is one of the best post titles ever. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-now-need-new-pants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b2dd970-4294-4fe4-8f8e-d29a65c09a83Post:bd17548a-a5cb-4732-9871-dcf8c7940119">Re: Well, now I need new pants</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's why all my oil lives in plastic bottles.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

It was plastic! The fall (onto granite) cracked the cap. :-(
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I would just like to point out my consecutive quotes in mandY's and mandA's sigs. Ahthankyew.
  • It takes me about 45 minutes to get home from here, so it'd be a chore to go home and come back.  And, I can't just go home - I have YET MORE TRAINING to do online this afternoon. 

I probably could have gotten a co-worker to bring me back something since she went to lunch after me, but it seemed like a lot more hassle than it was worth. 

If class ends early, though, I'm not sticking around in these things. 

Oh yeah - did I mention?  It's our national usergroup conference this week, too.  Thank goodness it's a couple of blocks from the office.  But I want to be out of here before any customers come over at the end of the day.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Oh. Well, that sucks Mery. The other day I dropped an entire box of toothpicks in the kitchen. It was fun picking them up while trying to make sure the dog didn't steal one. All gajillion of them.
  • squirrly, I'd just tell anyone who asks that you had to break someone's face over your leg for being a smartass and would they like to be next.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-now-need-new-pants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b2dd970-4294-4fe4-8f8e-d29a65c09a83Post:591ae4cf-1b22-43c4-9a0b-fdf9f6c4d57d">Re: Well, now I need new pants</a>:
    [QUOTE]A girl I used to work with bent over in front of a bunch of customers and split her pants straight up the butt.  As if that's not bad enough, a woman said, very loudly, "Girl, you done ripped yo' pants!!"  Pretty hilarious for everyone else, though. I spill food on my shirt almost daily it seems like. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

I do this, and the L thinks it's funny to point it out, EVERY TIME! I don't find it hilarious anymore. Thanks hun!
  • i always have crumbs on my boobs, which is just weird since i have small boobs.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A manager in my office randomly walked up to me the other day (I was sitting at my desk) and asked "Are you wearing pants?"

• Well, were you?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I was. Lucky for me, that wasn't one of the days I forgot to put on my clothes. Side note: I hate those days.
  • manda, you mean Thursdays? Me too, honey. Me too.
  • This was not nearly as exciting of a thread as I thought it was going to be.  I thought for sure my air-tight theory on how Squirrly is a closet freak-a-leek would be totally confirmed.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards