Students
Options

A long way to get here and a long way to go!

I've seen other posts about being to young, I just have to say something. I'm currently turning 19 in 2 weeks. My FI turned 19 in Feb. We're both in college and graduating in 3 years. We got engaged last year July 13. We have set a date, July 4, 2014. A date that is special to both of us. ( We met online and saw each other July 2, 2007 for the first time) We celebrated our 6 year anniversary Jan. 19. I believe that personally me and him eloping would be wrong but that's for us. It may be perfect for others. I see couples all around me that even got married when they where in there early to mid teens and still love each other. It's all about the person. My FI and I are planning our wedding and our families are fully supportive! As long as I graduate first!Laughing But this is just my personal opinion!!

Re: A long way to get here and a long way to go!

• Options
    You met online and started long distance dating 6 years ago? Weren't you 12 then?
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I had a love at 12 years old  - his name was Nick Carter and he was the hottest Backstreet Boy.  I had plans to marry him too... but alas our fairytale wedding never happened. 

Maybe it never happened because I grew up, experienced life, became independant, got two degrees and got a foothold on the world before I thought about sharing my life with someone.  Food for thought.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_long-way-here-long-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:76c979a2-a9c7-4b76-b571-d70c42e687ecPost:f9eea6b2-a554-47d2-b7de-768a57680319">Re: A long way to get here and a long way to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a love at 12 years old  - his name was Nick Carter and he was the hottest Backstreet Boy.  I had plans to marry him too... but alas our fairytale wedding never happened.  Maybe it never happened because I grew up, experienced life, became independant, got two degrees and got a foothold on the world before I thought about sharing my life with someone.  Food for thought.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for that pesky BF (now <strong>FI</strong>!!) of yours proposingproposing I'm sure you would still have a chance with Nick. I'm personally waiting for my crush of 11 years-Justin Timberlake (or as I like to call him J.T.baybee)
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards