New Jersey - South

Lion Dance Troupe near South Jersey

I am an Asian Bride, looking for a Lion Dance Troupe from the area or close to it.  I want the perfomers to be legit dancers and not people who just own the costumes.  Sounds mean but realistic.  I contacted a couple of people who claimed to be troupes, but they are just people who own the costumes, and the drums but they didn't really perform...they just kinda mill around.

I need folks that you guys actually used or have hired with a reasonable price please!  Thanks.

What is a Lion Dance?  Ever see those parades in Chinatown in Philadelphia, NYC, DC, and even AC on Chinese New Year/Tet?  Well... they are the troupes of performers who bring in the new year and good fortune with the drums, cymbals, and the people dressed in lion costumes, I've also heard people confuse it with "dragon dance" too.  It's really not a traditional Chinese tradition for a wedding, but I wanted to incorporate something unique to my wedding, and what more grand than and bunch of dancers to announce the new couple's entry.

Re: Lion Dance Troupe near South Jersey

• I would look into the local Philly board on here.  Or perhaps see if there is some sort of business association or other association (whoever organizes the Chinese New Year parade?) for Chinatown in Philly.  Maybe someone there could assist.
  • Hello, I left this post on your other thread but noticed this one and I am responding to this aswell I am a member of Eastern Arts which is a traditional Chinese lion dance team located on Long Island. We primarily focus on New Years shows and parades however we have done several weddings and public events such as cultural events at local high schools and universities. A full 30-40 show would usually runs approx $300 however your show would require greater than average travel times and I would have to talk to my Sifu before providing an official quote. The schools contact number is 1-631-808-3030, our website is www.kungfulongisland.com and since I do a majority of the booking I will provide you with my email address (warriorstao@gmail.com). I hope your wedding is amazing and if we can be of any service please feel free to contact us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards