Canada-Vancouver

Pre-marital counseling in Vancouver

Hi! I hope this is the right board.

My fiance and I are UBC students who are planning a 4 year long engagement. We are young (19 years old) and, although we have the best of communication, we are very open to pre-marital counseling to help better prepare us for a lasting marriage.

Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive (or free) place to take a course on marriage in Vancouver? We live in the Marpole area. We are not very religious and don't have a church in Vancouver but are open to taking a course at church. Any advice helps.

Thanks!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Pre-marital counseling in Vancouver

• hudsonm001hudsonm001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you might want to check with the counselling services at UBC. even if they don't offer pre-marital sessions, I'm sure they would be able to recommend somewhere.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_today-dragging?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9222ecc0-1313-4d82-9e0e-93fd8cf153a2Post:41b15d03-05df-44da-a35b-d0e9de03e68b">Re: Today is dragging!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is dragging!! : funny story - I quoted this so I could say "you're a legacy!" and it ended up on the Etiquette page...  on a thread about cats. oops.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

WTF I keep getting brought over to E. They are going to wonder who the eff I am! (between this and yesterdays post lol.)
    friends tv show funy
  • elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Brooke, 

I just sent you a recommendation through a private message...let me know if you didn't get it, something weird happened!
    erica.ellingson@gmail.com

• BrookeBQBrookeBQ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-vancouver_pre-marital-counseling-vancouver?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:625Discussion:43209cd9-7b08-4a29-a4ae-6e27308b250cPost:44df13fd-ed66-41d5-94c7-7c65d8527cbf">Re: Pre-marital counseling in Vancouver</a>:
    [QUOTE]you might want to check with the counselling services at UBC. even if they don't offer pre-marital sessions, I'm sure they would be able to recommend somewhere.
    Posted by hudsonm001[/QUOTE]
    Good idea. Thanks!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• edited December 2011
    kudos on the decision on taking pre marital counselling!!! Stastistically people who go through some form of pre-marital counselling are 75% more likely stay together then those who dont. most churchs will do premarital counselling free of charch for people who attend, but may charge if you are not a regular attendee of that chruch,  however it will still be less then going to a private counsellor. look into your student union as your union fees may cover private counselling since many schools do, and seek out the counsellors on campus to ask for recommendations. If you do decide to go with a church, make it clear to them if you are not looking for religious counselling. Many of the more traditional churches will not offer counselling without the religious aspect, but some of the more contemporary churches are more likely to accomadate you.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards