Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing a widow living with her daughter

How would adress a widow that now lives with her daughter (and her husband)??
Both the mother and daughter are being invited to the wedding, but it seems pointless to send an invite to both of them, when they live in the same house.
Any suggestions would be helpful!

Re: Addressing a widow living with her daughter

• They should each get their own invites, even if living at the same house. Same goes for anyone 18 and over still living at home. I would just ask her or her daughter how she prefers to be addressed.
  • It's not pointless.  It's completely correct.

The widow is Mrs. John Smith unless she prefers otherwise.  The daughter and her husband get their own invitation.
  • Send them each their own invite.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you are trying to send on postage, I would put their seperately addressed invites into one envelope.  I am sure the etiquette police would slap my hand, but none the less, that is what I would do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_addressing-a-widow-living-with-her-daughter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d76cb85c-1e54-4ce7-86b5-a95e0f224f02Post:7ddbd046-9486-485c-aec8-2b3de65e5d5a">Re: Addressing a widow living with her daughter</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are trying to send on postage, I would put their seperately addressed invites into one envelope.  I am sure the etiquette police would slap my hand, but none the less, that is what I would do.
    Posted by Simms1593[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OP, please don't do this. That would actually cost you more to put two envelopes into one large mailing envelope. Just mail two invites.</div>
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    The husband and wife should receive an invitation.  The mother should receive a separate invitation.  The point is this: each adult is invited on his/her own, unless part of a social unit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards