New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Limos - 2 part question

Hi Girls!

So i'm trying to figure out limos right now. Who did you use or do you recommend?

Also, I'm trying to figure out if the groom and the guys would need a limo. Orginally, we were planning to have all the guys get ready in our place in CT and get a limo for all of them from there to Mahopac. Since we booked the place, we actually moved to MD and sold he place in CT, so that idea is out the window. So now I'm not sure where FI is going to get ready. He can get ready back at his parents house (in Long Island) and then drive up to Mahopac with them. Or get ready at the hotel with all the guys then get shuttled over by the hotel shuttle. What do you think? How did your grooms get around?

P.S. We are having both the ceremony & reception at one place - Villa Barone in Mahopac. Hotel is in CT and FI family are all in Long Island.
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker **FIRST TIME MOM**

Re: Limos - 2 part question

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Strathmore and they were great.  Loved working with Chris's mom.

My FI and his guys got ready at his house...in the same town as me and my girls.  our limo picked them up, took them to the venue and then came back and got the girls and took us.  It ended up satisfying the 3 hour minimum.

I would suggest having the groom get ready at the hotel vs. Long Island.  To me, I would want to make sure he was closer to the event in case of traffic, etc.  But that is just me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Eclipse, they don't come highly recommended on the website but they gave us the best deal out of all the vendors. 

I would say have the groom and his party get ready in one of his friends rooms. They are simple they throw on a suit and don't need help getting strapped and holstered into a gown.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Silverstar and loved the service. We were even upgraded.

It's probably safer to have FI get ready at the hotel. Like PP, I'd be worried about traffic issues.

The morning of the wedding, DH drove from his house 40 miles to the hotel and got ready there. The ceremony/reception was 10 miles from the hotel. It was better that way since we didn't have to worry about traffic delays ad DH had company while getting ready.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using A Special Occasion (ASO). They are really nice and gave us a fantastic deal. I called around to a lot of places to get quotes and see what they would do for us - they got my vote!
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Silverstar and loved them.

The day before the wedding, I checked into our suite at the hotel. We had hair and makeup people coming bright and early, so it was easier for me to spend the night before the wedding there.

The morning of the wedding, DH met up with one of his GM at our house, took our dog to my parents' (where there was a dogsitter), and drove to the hotel - about an hour trip total. He got ready with all his GM in my parents' suite at the hotel.

We had 2 limos (one stretch SUV and one standard stretch Lincoln). Since most of our bridal party lives out of the area, and their SOs either don't drive or don't know the area, we had enough space in the limos to take everyone.

We took the two limos to our photo spot, then the church, then the reception.

This was one of the most stressful parts of planning for me - making sure there was space for everyone and everyone knew they had rides and all that, but it worked out perfectly.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used Eclipse. I agree they do not get good reviews on this board but mostly from girls who have never used them - mostly its girls who say "they have heard terrible things." They gave me the best deal and they were fine for both my bachelorette party and day of.

Best of luck whoever you choose!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_limos-2-part-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:aedcdd46-d9d0-46c6-ad0b-041fff85566cPost:bba2dbef-b512-4617-a648-494ba8507d64">Re: Limos - 2 part question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using A Special Occasion (ASO). They are really nice and gave us a fantastic deal. I called around to a lot of places to get quotes and see what they would do for us - they got my vote!
    Posted by Kris0816[/QUOTE]

Do you mind telling me the deal? We called them and they seemed to be the same price as others? If you want to send me a PM that would be great. If not, its ok and I understand!!!!

Thanks ladies! I never thought trying to find a place for him to get ready would be so complicated! 
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker **FIRST TIME MOM**
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_limos-2-part-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:aedcdd46-d9d0-46c6-ad0b-041fff85566cPost:7baf37c5-4871-4add-9f7e-3831a34d5d97">Re: Limos - 2 part question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also used Eclipse. I agree they do not get good reviews on this board but mostly from girls who have never used them - mostly its girls who say "they have heard terrible things." They gave me the best deal and they were fine for both my bachelorette party and day of. Best of luck whoever you choose!
    Posted by sjsphish[/QUOTE]

I've been around these boards a long time. The "terrible things" I've heard were directly from other knottie's reviews.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We haven't figured out our limo company just yet, but I do know that the groomsmen and FI are meeting at the hotel and leaving from there (we are just doing two limo trips).  Just makes life easier since they can all take the shuttles after and have their cars there already.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi:

Yes, they may not do that for all who call. I had a connection through work to them! I also saved money because they are choosing the color of the limos available that night for us to use - save me $$ and I do not care what color they are - we are just getting a ride in it!

You really just need to talk to a bunch of different companies and see who will work with you and give you a great value - when it comes down to it you want someone professional, friendly, and affordable!

Kris
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used a Club International Limousine.  Dennis, the co-owner, was easy to deal with, gave us the best price and threw in extra time which we ended up needing for the pictures.

Can you your FI get ready in the Bridal Suite at Villa Barone?

GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Settembre Limo and we had no problems. Both the owner and office manager were great to work with.

We only used a rolls royce for us (to keep costs down).

We looked into getting limos for the bridal party but it just wouldn't have been worth it as my parents house and the church and reception were all only minutes apart.

Only thing you will need to factor into your planning if you decide to get transportation to get the guys there is how are they leaving the venue. Start from there and work backwards. If you are hiring a shuttle to take guests to the hotel, they you are fine. But if you plan on having they guys drive their own cars back, they need to be planned on getting the cars to the venue before the wedding.

Also, sometimes companies have SUV type vehicles that can do a one-way trip.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked with ASO also. They were very nice and offered us a good price on an upgrade from a smaller limo. I met them last year at the Pok Grand Bridal show and then again this past Sunday at the Bridal show again. One of the drivers (Devon) told us that he had 4 or 5 people asking him about our date already (11-11-11) So we quickly booked them.

My FI is getting ready at his mothers house then driving to the hotel and the guys will take the limo to the church and then come back. We have the limo booked for 4 hrs, just to be sure we had enough time to do everything we wanted. My FI worked out all the info an figured out travel time back an forth to make our schedule work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards