Kentucky-Louisville

Salon Suggestions

Any one have any  salon suggestions for both me (bride) and my wedding party on the big day? I'm looking for somewhere thats affordable for my maids ($40-50 for their hair) and also offers manis and pedis. I've looked into a few places, but their starting prices for bridesmaid's hair is over $50. I'm not concerned about what my hair and makeup will costs, but I would like us to be able to all go to the same salon.
Thanks!!

Re: Salon Suggestions

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Angela at Bravada.  (502) 429-8226  She's been doing my hair for years, and I love her.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Emily,

When you find something, let me know.  I'm running into the same problem!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh - I should have mentioned - if the group is big enough, she'll travel to you, and an updo is $50 (at least, that's what she quoted me).  I'm not sure about mani/pedi, but they might do that there too.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Dazzle Salon (dazzlesalon.com) has listed on their websites that special occasion hair runs 40-50. Their bridal hair/makeup starts at $145. Thats the closest I can find to my bridesmaids price range on the internet alone.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to check those out.  Has anyone heard anything about Tranquility or Expressions?  Both of them list their "special occasion" hair ranging from $35.00 and up.
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having both hair and makeup people come to the church.  I am using:

Brandi and LeBliss Salon in St. Matthews for makeup.  I used her for my E-pics, and I loved it.  Prices: $45 for bride, $35 for BMs/mothers, etc, plus $50 to travel.  Also, she has to she has to have a minimum of 6 people in order for her to travel.

Allie at Twisted Salon in St. Matthews for hair.  She came highly recommended on this board a long time ago at the time I booked her.  Prices: $55/person for updos, $35/each for basic styling, $45/updo trial, and $75 to travel.  No minimum number of people to travel.

Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • edited December 2011

I drove around town today...went to 2 salons in Jeffersonville (Trends and Springs Salon) both were in the "40 and up" range--but both had a pretty hectic feel to them. 

Went to Tranquility--the place seems really nice, but the receptionist knew absolutely NOTHING about what she was doing--told me that I needed to talk to my BM and have them email me pictures about what they wanted so that she could schedule enough time.  This was AFTER she had to ask someone if they DID updos.  Great feel to the place though--definitely an option if this girl isn't the only receptionist.

On the way to Tranquility, passed Bravada and spoke to them (that place was mentioned here earlier) seems like an OK place; professional and nice.  They only do hair, no nails.

Stopped by Sola Salons and found Platinum Hair (also mentioned here) they were closed, but just happened to be stopping in for some supplies when I walked by--talked to them, they were on their way to do a bridal party--VERY nice, $50.00 and they come to you; I'm emailing or calling later, but I think I'm going to try and set them up.

Oh--also stopped at a place called Brooks and Company (I think) seemed nice; big and busy; a bit of an older crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards